Notarized or not??

Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notarized or not??

We did not get anything notarized, we read a number of posts that stated that if al of your paperwork was related to th UK, then it was OK. We had no problems with our application. It was a bit scary at the time, but turned out fine.

All the best

Steve and family.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

To add my experience to the post I have just had the medical requests sent through.

We got the important ID like passports and birth certificates simply signed as being a true copy of the original by a police officer. Nothing was formally notarised and ours has gone through to medical requests with no apparent problems.

Tim
Old Feb 16th 2010, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road

i have sent my FSW1 on the 2nd febuary and nothing was notarised so watch this space to see what happens.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just in the process of filling out my FSW application, and I'm applying to emigrate on my own. I have a thread on this forum about family definitions that are mentioned on the forms. Ie whether or not you have to include your brothers or sisters on the permanent residence form, as well as the 5406 form. I have had some good helpful replies, but now after reading this thread, I am somewhat confused again.

I take it then that when you send off the forms listed in the 5612e checklist form. In addition to that you have to send copies of your birth certificate parents death certificates, sisters/brothers birth/death certificates, qualifications, your sisters photographs, and a reference/letter from your current and previous employers.

What if the previous companies that you worked for are no longer trading, and you can't get a reference to proove that you worked there? Since leaving school in 81, I have had around 50 starts and stops with temporary/short term jobs, and signing on. Especially through the eighties and nineties. And with the last ten years being self employed for eight of them, overlapping for eight months with the last three years at the same firm.

I remember trying to contact a couple of companies I had worked for nearly twenty years ago, and the personnel dept said they didn't give out references of previous staff that had not worked for them for over two years, and they didn't keep any records after 7 years.

Does this mean that your snookered or is there another way of prooving your employment background?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:13 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojovibe
I am just in the process of filling out my FSW application, and I'm applying to emigrate on my own. I have a thread on this forum about family definitions that are mentioned on the forms. Ie whether or not you have to include your brothers or sisters on the permanent residence form, as well as the 5406 form. I have had some good helpful replies, but now after reading this thread, I am somewhat confused again.

I take it then that when you send off the forms listed in the 5612e checklist form. In addition to that you have to send copies of your birth certificate parents death certificates, sisters/brothers birth/death certificates, qualifications, your sisters photographs, and a reference/letter from your current and previous employers.

What if the previous companies that you worked for are no longer trading, and you can't get a reference to proove that you worked there? Since leaving school in 81, I have had around 50 starts and stops with temporary/short term jobs, and signing on. Especially through the eighties and nineties. And with the last ten years being self employed for eight of them, overlapping for eight months with the last three years at the same firm.

I remember trying to contact a couple of companies I had worked for nearly twenty years ago, and the personnel dept said they didn't give out references of previous staff that had not worked for them for over two years, and they didn't keep any records after 7 years.

Does this mean that your snookered or is there another way of prooving your employment background?
Best advice I can give for you if there is no contract or other proof of your employment is this - First, write to the company and ask them for a reference. If they cannot give one, ask them to send you a letter to that effect with the reason why. One of my companies was taken over ten years ago and did not keep records from the previous owner, so I just sent their letter saying just that. To prove employment, request a copy of your National Insurance contributions and this will show all the times that you have been making contributions and therefore employed.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

talltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant future

We did not get anything notarized,

We've been here 4 weeks now....

Good Luck....
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:05 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mojovibe

1. I really think that you should hire some one to go over the forms with you or at least re-read the instructions.
2. You don't require parents death certificates, sisters/brothers birth/death certificates, qualifications, your sisters photographs
3. Employment from page 29 of the instructions

Your work experience
Starting with your current occupation, list all of the occupations that you have had in the 10 years preceding the date of your application. For each occupation;
 include the appropriate National Occupation Classification (NOC) code,
 check the box that corresponds to the number of years of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time experience, and
 write a description of your main duties.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by talltrucker2
We did not get anything notarized,

We've been here 4 weeks now....

Good Luck....
Did they say anything about your documents not being notarized? I'm applying through Quebec and for the selection certificate I send copies of all documents....they told me they may need to send them to Montreal to be check...how they do this and how long it takes I have no idea.

You seem to have got your visa pretty quickly though!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. I really think that you should hire some one to go over the forms with you or at least re-read the instructions.
2. You don't require parents death certificates, sisters/brothers birth/death certificates, qualifications, your sisters photographs
3. Employment from page 29 of the instructions

Your work experience
Starting with your current occupation, list all of the occupations that you have had in the 10 years preceding the date of your application. For each occupation;
 include the appropriate National Occupation Classification (NOC) code,
 check the box that corresponds to the number of years of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time experience, and
 write a description of your main duties.
Yes I've read that part of section 11 page 29 but it doesn't say in the last ten years, that's in section 11 page one of the federal skilled worker form IMM0083e, and thats just for the assessment of your experience for the NOC code. But the online guide 7000 states that photos are required when you send off your application to Sydney. But the pdf of the same guide states that you don't. So as you can see I'm somewhat confused.

And the 5612e pdf guide - section 12 Gather and submit all documents listed on both checklists, and refers to paragraph 2 page 2, for the Specific Visa Office Instructions check list (e37023 pdf)/IMM7023e 08/2010. Which in turn states in appendix 4 section 7. Requires you to have notarized docs and employment contracts from your current and previous employers, and they have to be included in your application to Sydney as of 26/06/2010. Again confusing because the pdf version of guide 7000 contradicts this statement.

I will have to write a letter from myself for the self employed period July 2000-April 2008, and hope that my current employer Aug 2007-present doesn,t get snotty about a copy of my contract and a reference.

I will be able to get a letter from some of my previous employers that are still trading, and some that are shutdown as I am still in touch with some of the management. But there are many more that have disapeared off the face of the earth. So this will be interesting how I will get over this obstacle.

Under the suggestion of helcats comments about obtaining an a statement from the NI office. I contacted them today and they are going to send me one. The trouble is there though, some of the companies that I worked for in the eighties and nineties. Were quite unscrupulous and deducted tax and stamps from your wages, but never payed them to the PAYE.

I suppose I will have to write a letter explaining this as well, if it is construed as a gap in my background, then I'm completely buggered. The Inland Revenue Service can only go back as far as 2004/05. Then they destroy their records. I will phone the unemployment office tommorow and see how far back their records go.

Anyway if someone can shed some light on my confusion with the differences with the guides, so then at least I can send off the forms to Sydney, it will be much appreciated.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

''But the pdf of the same guide states that you don't. So as you can see I'm somewhat confused''

MJ
I've just had a quick gance at the PDF and it clearly states that photos have to be sent on page 24

Photos
Photos are required when you submit your application to the CIO in Sydney.Follow these steps: Step Action
Take the Photo Specifications sheet (found in Appendix B of this guide) to a photographer.
Ask the photographer to provide you with the number of photos required in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific instructions for yourself and each family member.
On the back of one photo of each person, write the name of the person in the photo and his or her height and eye colour.
Enclose the photos of each person in an envelope and seal the envelope.
Write your name and date of birth on the outside of the envelope.
Staple the envelope to your application form. Be careful not to staple or bend the photos.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

I've posted this on the other thread, and I'm duplicating the post here as an update to the thread.

When you right click on the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...uides/EG74.asp, (which is the link for the online version of the guide 7000) that states exactly what your saying)
in your post, it downloads the pdf version that I have. And it states that you don't have to send any photos or docs other than the ones it lists in checklist form 5612e.

So the link for the guide 7000, and the guide for the specific visa office do contradict each other.