Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:45 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

That'll be an issue for a lot of us Matt, FFF (Financial Fear Factor - just made it up). We're tentatively planning on Oct 2010 now, at which point we hope to give it a good go. A UK spring and summer followed by Australian spring and summer should make it easier - we don't want two winters in succession, especially after this one. In our younger days we would always just go for it!

But that was then....
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
My daughter was my sponsor and is not working at all as she is currently a stay at home mum - the forms asks for her husband's employment status.
Thankyou thats encouraging
Moira
Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Interesting link, Acacia seem to suggest you need to earn $10,000 more as a married assurer than Go Matilda, wonder who is correct?

My last post suggested an income of over $37,000 pa was needed and I forgot to add that was for assurance of 2 parents. Around $25,000 is enough for 1 parent.
Has anyone been told what the current earnings are for their Aos?

I cannot find the current sum on the centrelink site and the firm Acacia seem to show a link for earnings of $47,000 and Go Matilda show $37,000 for a married person giving Aos for 2 parents.

Thanks, Les
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
We are off to Auckland tomorrow night to get our visas evidenced! We have been in Oz for 10 weeks now and beginning to feel like we belong here, but unfortunately once we have returned to Brisbane on 29th Jan and validated the visas, its going to be head back to UK time for me on 2nd Feb, OH will follow once doc passes her for the long flight! We have decided that we need to recharge the coffers as they have become rather depleted what with exchange rates and other unforseen events and we feel we cannot take the step just yet. Main thing is we will have the visa and validated it, so have got a couple of years if need be!

Going to miss the 33c temps here today!

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt At long last you are going to have your visas! It's been a long road hasn't it? I can't understand how you can possibly think of delaying your final move for two years after all the waiting! We left as soon as we possibly could; maybe doing the whole thing on a shoestring as we have limited financial resources but for us it was definitely the right thing to do. We have no chance of ever buying a property here in Sydney's Northern Beaches so there was no point in waiting. As you have to go to New Zealand you may as well enjoy the trip. Take care and hopefully your OH will soon be able to undertake the very long journey.
Marian and Ian
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:02 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hi Matt At long last you are going to have your visas! It's been a long road hasn't it? I can't understand how you can possibly think of delaying your final move for two years after all the waiting! We left as soon as we possibly could; maybe doing the whole thing on a shoestring as we have limited financial resources but for us it was definitely the right thing to do. We have no chance of ever buying a property here in Sydney's Northern Beaches so there was no point in waiting. As you have to go to New Zealand you may as well enjoy the trip. Take care and hopefully your OH will soon be able to undertake the very long journey.
Marian and Ian
We were on a shoestring to begin with and its got very stretched in the process of getting this far!! If one can get a good job straight away, then theres not so much of a problem, but you do need some sort of cushion to fall upon if the job doesn't work out etc, and remembering that you cannot claim from Centrelink for 10 years for help or a pension! Like Steve says, in our younger day we would just have gone for it! Back in 1981 we went to South Africa as a family of 4 with only £1,800.00 to our name, but I had a job to go to, never ever thought of what would happen if the job didn't workout, just got on with it. Oh those were the days!!

So why am I worrying, I don't really know.

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by sirmatt101; Jan 18th 2010 at 2:05 am.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Lisa G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, please can the tracker be updated to show AOS - 6 January 2010. Off to do bank gaurantee for $14000.00 today!

Many thanks

Lisa g
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Has anyone been told what the current earnings are for their Aos?

I cannot find the current sum on the centrelink site and the firm Acacia seem to show a link for earnings of $47,000 and Go Matilda show $37,000 for a married person giving Aos for 2 parents.

Thanks, Les
Looks confusing Les, seems to be based on the "Newstart Allowance". Try this site although you'd need to recalculate based on the current allowance rate which seems to be 11,856pa.
http://www.myaustralianvisa.com/newsarticles/280.php
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandch
Looks confusing Les, seems to be based on the "Newstart Allowance". Try this site although you'd need to recalculate based on the current allowance rate which seems to be 11,856pa.
http://www.myaustralianvisa.com/newsarticles/280.php
Thanks sandch,

These are the same figures that Go Matilda used in their last update, I have e-mailed centrelink today as their site is a complete maze of links that take you back round to where you started without giving the income required.

Your figure seems correct, i.e. in round figures income of $24,000 for one CPV and $36,000 for two parents. The other agent seem to add an extra $11,856 if the assurer is married, but that may only be the case if the partner to the assurer is not working.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:59 am

Red Star to Bruce W!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

bernard71 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI I am totally new to this great forum, but I so need help.My wife and I are filling in our application for the contributory visa 143. We are desperate to join our two daughters and our grandchildren. One massive problem between 1983 and 1993 , I drank too much and as a result I have had 3 breaches of peace, I was fined. since then I have turned my life around, and I no longer drink. Now I am totally going out of my mind with worry. Is there anyone in a similar position, or can anyone give us any advise. We are frightened that this will stop us for having a visa.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bernard71
HI I am totally new to this great forum, but I so need help.My wife and I are filling in our application for the contributory visa 143. We are desperate to join our two daughters and our grandchildren. One massive problem between 1983 and 1993 , I drank too much and as a result I have had 3 breaches of peace, I was fined. since then I have turned my life around, and I no longer drink. Now I am totally going out of my mind with worry. Is there anyone in a similar position, or can anyone give us any advise. We are frightened that this will stop us for having a visa.
Hi Bernard welcome. Go to the department of immigration and citizenship website and look up fact sheet 79
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

bernard71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou so much, feel better now. We willlet you know how we get on.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:15 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all from far Auckland!

We arrived at 03.30 this morning, only a two and a half hour flight from Brisbane! We are encamped in the Copthorne Quay Street Hotel, which is right next door to the Australian Consulate, so less than 100 mts to walk!! If you see the building that the consulate is in you will understand why you pay so much for your CPVs!!
Its closed all day Wednesday, so we will be there when it opens 9 am Thursday!
Meantime we will be enjoying cooler temps than Brisbane and getting to see some of the sights!!

Cheers

Matt & OH
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi all from far Auckland!

We arrived at 03.30 this morning, only a two and a half hour flight from Brisbane! We are encamped in the Copthorne Quay Street Hotel, which is right next door to the Australian Consulate, so less than 100 mts to walk!! If you see the building that the consulate is in you will understand why you pay so much for your CPVs!!
Its closed all day Wednesday, so we will be there when it opens 9 am Thursday!
Meantime we will be enjoying cooler temps than Brisbane and getting to see some of the sights!!

Cheers

Matt & OH

Sounds like you are on an adventure Matt. How long was it that your OH was unable to fly due to DVT. OH just been diagnosed and put on Marevan with daily injections until blood thinner? There has been disagreement between nurse and doctor that he will be able to fly home in 11 days?

Meanwhile enjoy the journey,

Barbara
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

hwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Sound like a great holiday within a holiday, Matt. Not a bad way to finally conclude that epic journey towards your Visa. All the best for your future!
Hugh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.