Tonight

Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:23 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tonight

If I had my TWP in place I would have packed a suitcase, called the airlines and hoped on a plane to Canada.

I hate living here, I hate the midless thugs that think it is fine to terrorise the neighbourhood, I hate the local MP and the councillors who came to see us today to assure us they "are on to it" and that they "assure us" that the anti social behaviour is being tackled.

I hate that we can't protect ourselves or our property. I hate that we are innocently driving down a road and have our car egged (a couple of miles from home).

I hate that I can't sell my house because who the hell is going to buy a house no matter how beautiful it is, when there are huge gangs of hoodies drinking outside every Friday & Saturday night. I hate that we haven't had one single weekend in three years when we haven't been kept awake by said mindless thugs.

I hate that these mindless thugs have climbed our 8 foot wall and smashed up our trampoline.

I absolutely hate the fact that at the age of 12 my daughter can't have the freedom to knock on for friends or play outside, just as I give her some freedom, we are tipped off by the police that there are real issues with one boy (known to us and to them) threatening to rape at knife point little girls (the "little boy" in question is 8 years old). I hate that the police do not have the authority to deal with the child in question because "he's too young" and that social services don't believe there are any issues. I hate too that these little bastards are roaming the streets during the days as well as the nights because they are excluded permanently from school and no other school will have them.

I hate that my three kids are upstairs crying at almost 10.30 at night because the thugs are outside and they are scared.

I hate everything about living here. I hate that I can't take my mum and dad with me and my inlaws and my neices and sisters and that these mindless thugs have made my own kids feel scared in their own house.

Oh and I supposedly live in a "nice area" - we are a long way from inner city.

I'm not saying Canada is perfect but surely it has to be better than this?

And I know I'll probably get slated for this post, but do you know what? I don't care, I'm too fed up with this horrible situation I have found myself in!

Last edited by tinytears; Dec 19th 2008 at 9:26 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:26 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tonight

hope you get to move on soon

As you say nowhere is perfect but it has to be better than what you have just described.

Good luck and best wishes
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:39 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you live out of curiosity?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:41 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you, and I don't think I have the words to make you feel better.

I hope you manage to sell soon Karma sent.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting, you reminded me of why we wanted to move. Something I lose sight of when things get tough here.

We had bottles and eggs thrown at the house, one bottle went through the window, cars were trashed, you didnt feel safe just walking to the shop in the dark.

I sympathise with you and hope it all works out in the end.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by G77
id like to find out where you are to

because with your description of that place it sounds like i live next door to you
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
hope you get to move on soon

As you say nowhere is perfect but it has to be better than what you have just described.

Good luck and best wishes
Thank you, I'm feeling a little calmer getting it down and out iykwim?

Originally Posted by G77
North West but I don't want to be more specific because I'm having issues with our Attorneys and I don't want to be identified on here. Sorry that sounds like a real cop out but I have been getting help and advice on how to deal with the Attorneys and I need to keep the annonymoty for now.

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
My heart goes out to you, and I don't think I have the words to make you feel better.

I hope you manage to sell soon Karma sent.
Thank you, I do think that we will end up giving the keys to the bank, we won't be able to sell, we have absolutely no chance really, there are dozens of houses for sale within a quarter of a mile and we have the problem with the kids outside. I doubt we would even be able to rent it out, these thugs have made the house worthless.

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Thanks for posting, you reminded me of why we wanted to move. Something I lose sight of when things get tough here.

We had bottles and eggs thrown at the house, one bottle went through the window, cars were trashed, you didnt feel safe just walking to the shop in the dark.

I sympathise with you and hope it all works out in the end.
Thank you, I will no doubt go back to this post when we get over to Canada to remind myself when I'm "homesick" that actually this is no "home" it is a prison of sorts, one that costs us a lot of money each month!

Thank you though. I take it you have found a big improvement there, this is what I'm clinging on to, I have to believe it is going to be better or I fear for my sanity, really I do.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by sheera67
id like to find out where you are to

because with your description of that place it sounds like i live next door to you
No my next door neighbour wants to go to Florida lol. Even the police round here are all leaving to go and live in spain, the Chief Inspector, the Inspector and the community police officer all have plans to move away.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinytears
No my next door neighbour wants to go to Florida lol. Even the police round here are all leaving to go and live in spain, the Chief Inspector, the Inspector and the community police officer all have plans to move away.
At a complete tangent, does your name come from the Tindersticks?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
At a complete tangent, does your name come from the Tindersticks?
No it is the name my sister and all her friends used to call me at school because I was always crying!

And now I keep crying at the thought of leaving my family here behind so it seemed apt that I ressurect the name here!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No it is the name my sister and all her friends used to call me at school because I was always crying!

And now I keep crying at the thought of leaving my family here behind so it seemed apt that I ressurect the name here!
Ah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZE9yGJSb1Q
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
I googled them before, that is brill but have to say I'd never heard of it before!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:40 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

There's problems with youths in urban Canada too - but it's nowhere near as "in your face" as it is back in the UK, I've not seen any groups of youths hanging around drinking etc (probably too hot or too cold the majority of the time). I've not had any abuse from youths in the street just for the hell of it either.... You'll be better off here on that regard for sure...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by G77
There's problems with youths in urban Canada too - but it's nowhere near as "in your face" as it is back in the UK, I've not seen any groups of youths hanging around drinking etc (probably too hot or too cold the majority of the time). I've not had any abuse from youths in the street just for the hell of it either.... You'll be better off here on that regard for sure...
The area that we are going to seems to be OK, it was one of the main things we looked at and there were kids hanging around but they weren't threatening, they seemed to be friendly, they wanted to talk to the kids and seemed OK. I don't recall seeing anything threatening, we went into central Toronto at night and I personally was nervous because I wouldn't go to the city here but I didn't feel threatened at all.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I googled them before, that is brill but have to say I'd never heard of it before!
I like them. Other compelling tracks are "Rented Rooms" and "Travelling Light".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.