Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Really happy in NZ

Really happy in NZ

Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really happy in NZ

Only been here nearly 3 months but loving it so far. OH has an easy route to work (Park & Ride) and enjoying his new job.

We have all the necessities close to hand such as supermarkets, cinema, restaurants and bars and only 8 minutes to the nearest beach

We both love the outdoors and our social life is much better here. We are both keen cyclists and can't wait for the arrival of our bikes so we can get fit again!! (never could resist muffins, cakes, pies etc. etc ) However had my first visit to the doctors yesterday (very pleasant) and Iv'e not gained as much weight as I thought, so thats good news

So yes its all good and summer is approaching
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

We are really happy here! Only been here three weeks, but so far, so good.

Just moving into a long term rural rental. Beaches, schools, shops, cinema, bowling, ice skating all within easy reach.

Hubbies commute approx 15 mins.

Weather has been lovely, last few days.

Everyone really friendly and helpful.

Kids settling well into new schools.

Container arriving next week ... dogs to follow at end of November.

No rushing around for Christmas presents, shops not crowded. Going to have a very low key Christmas this year. Steak on bbq (hopefully) and nice bottle of red wine!

All is well

(and we haven't even seen any of the spectacular scenery yet ...)
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Will see you when we get back then for carrot cake and coffee, E

Oh and don't be watching anything fantastic without me at the cinema.. wait til we get back
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the carrot cake

Certainly won't - no fun without you, M
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Been here since Dec 2006. Loving the great weather and drier winters here than in the South West of England. OH going into business here and this is something that he could not have done in his field in the UK as there was way too much competition and here the product will be new to NZ and so the opportunities for us in particular are better here.

Still lots of New Zealand to explore, love the uncrowded roads, and beaches. Love that we are getting back to grass roots way of eating and growing our own and baking from scratch. Never would have done that in the UK with the convenience foods but we feel we eat better quality here because of it. Love the fact that no one gives a damn what type of car we drive and at least we own them both outright! Love my little town and being on the edge of the countryside, may be getting land soon and that really appeals too. Couldn't afford 10 acres in the UK never in a million years. Here anything is possible.

However having said all that we are happy here for the moment, could be forever then again may decide to retire to Europe but will not be returning to live in the UK.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:03 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived in June 2005. Happy then, happy now.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Arrived in June 2005. Happy then, happy now.
Bet you're even happier now that we've got rid of Aunty Helen, I know I am
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:31 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Happy person here

I have a good bunch of friends, great workmates, a good job and have been adopted by my family in law (OH is a kiwi, we met while living in London and only met in laws when I first arrived )

Life certainly isn't paradise here but it's been pretty good so far, it will be 3 years next month since I moved and no regrets (I'd never set foot in NZ before that). My quality of life has improved since moving from France and the UK, OH and I have been able to afford stuff here we couldn't in London, even though my salary is similar to the one I had in London, although I have more benefits here. The thing I love the most is being able to walk to work and not have to endure the traffic jams or packed tube rides

Don't really mind the weather because it's not cold in Auckland (got used to the 4 seasons in a day thing), but I'm looking forward to some sunshine for Christmas for the beach and the BBQ.

Here's to the next few years then

Jen

Originally Posted by Genesis
Been here since April 2005. Totally love NZ, inspite of all the issues that prevail (as I always say). Just a positive little thread as the one about New Plimmers was well received.

Nz does not suit everyone. But we are a fairly oridairy family with normal needs. All the latter are well saitited in NZ. We are delighted with the hospitals, doctors, schooling in general and everything that is our lives.

The driving standard is awful over here but apparently no one has a good word to say about driving anywhere anymore.

We hope you love NZ as much as us (for those here) and those soon to come we hope you are equally rapt. Sorry to those who didn't/don't like it.

Any other happy clappers wanna join the thread?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Add me to the happy-clappers list. Away from NZ for 22 years, back for three and hope to be here for good.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

NLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really nice

Been here 10 months. Wasn’t the full picture in which we imagined NZ to be but we know we have made the most important decision of our lives - to live and settle in this wonderful country. My two young sons LOVE it here. They LOVE school. They partake in lots of sports (their forte) They have an abundance of friends. We are massively involved in our off road sport and the food here tastes absolutely delicious! If we had taken the advice of some of the no-hopers on this forum - we probably would be kicking ourselves now and still be in the UK. <snip> don’t really post anymore because I ‘m having too much fun enjoying my beautiful surroundings and having fun with my kiwi mates!

There’s a few members on here that would be nice to get to know……. Hopefully if I hang around a bit longer, that will be possible.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 13th 2008 at 11:25 am. Reason: Post lovely stuff but please don't seek to fan the flames. Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:38 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NLSE
Been here 10 months. Wasn’t the full picture in which we imagined NZ to be but we know we have made the most important decision of our lives - to live and settle in this wonderful country. My two young sons LOVE it here. They LOVE school. They partake in lots of sports (their forte) They have an abundance of friends. We are massively involved in our off road sport and the food here tastes absolutely delicious! If we had taken the advice of some of the no-hopers on this forum - we probably would be kicking ourselves now and still be in the UK. It’s a shame that I no longer use this forum - I look at it frequently for the comedy value from those saddos who moan about NZ but don’t really post anymore because I ‘m having too much fun enjoying my beautiful surroundings and having fun with my kiwi mates!

There’s a few members on here that would be nice to get to know……. Hopefully if I hang around a bit longer, that will be possible.
Aw that's a lovely post...makes me feel happy....its nice to see someone say something nice about NZ..cheers
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

NLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
Aw that's a lovely post...makes me feel happy....its nice to see someone say something nice about NZ..cheers
No need to thank me! I love it here!!!! It’s the tossers who have to moan about their unfortunate lives who can’t make the best out of life who make it look bad!!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:03 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NLSE
No need to thank me! I love it here!!!! It’s the tossers who have to moan about their unfortunate lives who can’t make the best out of life who make it look bad!!!
yes i know some people are just miserable old gits...if your happy you will be happy anywhere I think

life is too short....
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:34 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Bet you're even happier now that we've got rid of Aunty Helen, I know I am
Moi?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:55 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Add me to the happy clappers club. 3 years in. Best thing I ever did - apart from marry Sarah and have 3 lovely kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.