Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Really happy in NZ

Really happy in NZ

Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really happy in NZ

Been here since April 2005. Totally love NZ, inspite of all the issues that prevail (as I always say). Just a positive little thread as the one about New Plimmers was well received.

Nz does not suit everyone. But we are a fairly oridairy family with normal needs. All the latter are well saitited in NZ. We are delighted with the hospitals, doctors, schooling in general and everything that is our lives.

The driving standard is awful over here but apparently no one has a good word to say about driving anywhere anymore.

We hope you love NZ as much as us (for those here) and those soon to come we hope you are equally rapt. Sorry to those who didn't/don't like it.

Any other happy clappers wanna join the thread?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Really happy in NZ

So Far so Good for us, after arriving here i found out i have an under active Thyroid Gland (i just thought it was all the chocolate i had been stuffing in, that was making me put on weight) the treatment i have received here from the Doctor and Consultants has been brilliant, my Doctor even rang me on her day off to give me my results, wouldn't have got that in the UK.

People here are so much friendlier and seem to go that extra mile to help, foods not as bad as some people make out, was pleasantly surprised at the chocolate, not as good as Galaxy in the UK but not bad. Weather is picking up now, especially today, its even hot here in Welly. Scenery is beautiful, Lifes all Good
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:31 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Came to New Zealand in July 2007... so far life is pretty good. love my house overlooking countryside, the people are friendly and its a joy to go shopping. eat out and socialize quiet a bit...And near to beaches, my husband went fishing and brought back fresh blue cod the weekend , The scenery is breathtaking.

The weather has been so gorgeous today...sat in my garden, with a glass of chardonnay listening to the silence...apart from the cicadas..yes heard them today for the first time...

And this weekend am going to Wellington with my best friend no husband and kids, what could be better...a bit of girly time...and drinking and maybe clubbing...wouldn't have done that back in the Uk...go away for the weekend I mean without husband

only Negative my 15 year old daughter wont settle...but who knows whats around the corner , but for now we are staying and loving it
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:01 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I can't multiquote because I am a complete idiot but Kimi-Deacon - if you like Galaxy chocolate keep an eye on Kmart leading up to Christmas. They always get in Galaxy chocolate. Not generally bars of chocolate but rather the little packs with say a chocolate bar and like a coffee cup or something (you know the type...little christmas packs).

As for places in wellington...try Alice which I have heard is quite good. You can buy cocktails called the Mad Hatters Tea Party served in a china cup & teapot
http://www.whiterabbit.co.nz/
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that KP
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Gill and Rob happy in Rotorua
Almost 5.5 years

Gill
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:11 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I'll "pad" in and "bump" into the happy clappers....'scuse the puns......

We are really happy here although some might not be able to tell that from all of my posts........
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I`m in.
Coming up for 2 years and a few gripes but overall loving every minute. We did ALOT of research before we came here and even more since we got here.
We have moved 5 times since we arrived , 3 times in Papamoa and twice in Omokoroa. We are now where we think we want to stay.
Cant say its for life but by heck its definately for now.
Ash
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We are pretty contented here too. We almost own the house we live in (changed our pounds not too long ago).... we have 2 happy children who get to one of the many parks or beaches nearly every day... including winter, weather permitting... I have the most beautiful Arabian horse, and Ive always wanted to ride in the sea (one of my dreams has come true!).... OH loves being a volunteer Fire Fighter.... we love the fact that the weather is mild here and we've only worn coats about 3 or 4 times in over 3 years! I love the quality of the fresh fruit and veg from Fruit World.... shopping is pretty easy and never too busy. We live in a lovely friendly village, theres views to die for.... cant see us ever wanting to go back to the UK, way too happy here. The list of what we like could go on but dont want to bore you too much!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:25 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
I'll "pad" in and "bump" into the happy clappers....'scuse the puns......

We are really happy here although some might not be able to tell that from all of my posts........
You're obviously lost Lardyl and have stumbled into the wrong thread
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:41 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely very happy here. I love my house, garden, neighbourhood, town, the easy access to the great outdoors, the freedom, the ease of doing business here, the friendliness. There's just heaps I love about the place. We don't have a lot moneywise and sometimes it is a struggle but it is also a challenge and in a good way it inspires us to think more about how we live, what is really important to us and to be less wasteful and materialistic. Living here makes me feel alive, despite the difficulties.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:05 am
R0b
Just Joined

R0b is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Really happy in NZ

6 weeks in and loving it. I'm so much more relaxed here, its brilliant
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
So Far so Good for us, after arriving here i found out i have an under active Thyroid Gland
This has caught me . I'll start another thread about how it has been for us
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:58 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
You're obviously lost Lardyl and have stumbled into the wrong thread
hehe, but you do know that is not really true, don't you??
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

We love NZ life. We experience the odd frustration but that's no different to our life in the UK. We have an excellent social life, live 5mins from the beach, 10mins from Shakespear Regional Park, lots of excellent beaches nearby to swim & kayak from. Auckland city is not too far away for work, concerts, dining etc but is far enough away so we don't have the hustle & bustle of city living.

I think I can safely say that we are happy here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.