Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Submitting 175 Visa Application while waiting for ACS appeal's result

Submitting 175 Visa Application while waiting for ACS appeal's result

Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:57 am
Just Joined

dunguyen0708 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Submitting 175 Visa Application while waiting for ACS appeal's result

Dear all,

I was assessed by ACS as suitable for migration under Group A, ASCO code 2231-15. But they did not grant me MODL points for J2EE skills I worked for 5 years in my 8 years career.

I did not know if I could have enough point If I would not have 15 MODL points. So I submitted an appeal application hoping I could have 15 MODL points before my 30th birthday. Later on I scored 7 in IELTS test which provided me enough points for 175 Visa application as long as I submit the application before my 30th birthday on 8/19/2008.

The appeal application put me into a dilemma. If I wait for ACS to concludes my appeal application and they still won't grant me the MODL points, I will be 5 points in short because of my age. If I submit the application now, I am not sure if the assessment is still valid once the appeal's conclusion comes out.

Can anyone share any info if I could submit the application using the assessment which is being appealed? And is my skill assessment still valid once the appeal's conclusion comes out?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Du
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting 175 Visa Application while waiting for ACS appeal's result

Originally Posted by dunguyen0708
Dear all,

I was assessed by ACS as suitable for migration under Group A, ASCO code 2231-15. But they did not grant me MODL points for J2EE skills I worked for 5 years in my 8 years career.

I did not know if I could have enough point If I would not have 15 MODL points. So I submitted an appeal application hoping I could have 15 MODL points before my 30th birthday. Later on I scored 7 in IELTS test which provided me enough points for 175 Visa application as long as I submit the application before my 30th birthday on 8/19/2008.

The appeal application put me into a dilemma. If I wait for ACS to concludes my appeal application and they still won't grant me the MODL points, I will be 5 points in short because of my age. If I submit the application now, I am not sure if the assessment is still valid once the appeal's conclusion comes out.

Can anyone share any info if I could submit the application using the assessment which is being appealed? And is my skill assessment still valid once the appeal's conclusion comes out?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Du
If you have enough points now why would you wait? Apply now. You're not guarenteed a successful appeal, so what will you do if they do not award you the MODL points?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:52 am
Just Joined

dunguyen0708 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Submitting 175 Visa Application while waiting for ACS appeal's result

Thanks a lot for the reply, Dorothy.

The problem is that I am not sure if my skill assessment is still valid while its appeal application is being processed, and if it is still valid once ACS concludes my appeal application which is another reference number.

But with your advice, I think I will go ahead to submit the application using the skill assessment's ref number and bear the risk of losing some thousand dollars if I have to change the reference number (ref number of the appeal application).

Any other ideas?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:26 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting 175 Visa Application while waiting for ACS appeal's result

Originally Posted by dunguyen0708
Thanks a lot for the reply, Dorothy.

The problem is that I am not sure if my skill assessment is still valid while its appeal application is being processed, and if it is still valid once ACS concludes my appeal application which is another reference number.

But with your advice, I think I will go ahead to submit the application using the skill assessment's ref number and bear the risk of losing some thousand dollars if I have to change the reference number (ref number of the appeal application).

Any other ideas?
Dear Du,

I'm sure an agent experienced in this area could be of assistance, you should seek some professional advice about the viability of your ACS appeal and the significance of a possibly unsuccessful appeal.

Cheers,

George Lombard