Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: immigration.ca - colin singer

Moved: immigration.ca - colin singer

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default Moved: immigration.ca - colin singer

Hi,
wondered if anyone has used the services of immigration.ca and mr colin singer?

FAST TRACK WORK PROGRAMME

i received an e-mail from them stating they can arrange me interviews and then get me a job offer and a 1yr work visa in canada within 6-9months.

the total cost would be c$8500. does this sound reasonable.

they deal with all the legal processes for you etc.

has anyone gone this route???
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration.ca - colin singer

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
Hi,

i received an e-mail from them stating they can arrange me interviews and then get me a job offer and a 1yr work visa in canada within 6-9months.

Shop around!

A) job agents can only charge employers not employees

b) if they charge employers then 8500 for their services is waaaaay high

c) if they charge you for finding a job then their fees are waaaaay high and they are breaking the law.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:11 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

No, this sounds like a huge amount to pay.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

does sound like a lot.

glad i found this site for sure!!

I have been told andrew miller is a good immigration lawyer and can sort out the process as well. may look into him too.

thanks for your replies!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

does sound like a lot.

glad i found this site for sure!!

I have been told andrew miller is a good immigration lawyer and can sort out the process as well. may look into him too.

thanks for your replies!!
Andrew Miller is not an immigration lawyer. He is an immigration consultant and CSIC approved. He posts here regularly and many here who have used him say he is very good.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: immigration.ca - colin singer

Hi,

Hi grantanddebs,
Don't know where you are thinking of coming to but if you're BC bound then we used Shadi Norman as an immigration consultant. She is registered with all the relevant authorities and also runs a job agency.
We used her because we wanted to get things right first go. She arranged a job offer and I had a couple of phone interviews, she also sorted out all the paperwork for our PNP application. The whole process took about 8 months from meeting her on our reccie trip to getting our PR visas. She charged us CAD5200 all in. From our point of view we felt it was well worth it. You can reach her on [email protected]
Good luck with everything.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

We used the Colin Singer firm to process our application (I wanted someone else to review all the stuff I did in case it got held up because I missed something or made an error.) They did not charge that amount - we would not have used them if they had!

However our remit with them was purely to process the application....... create a Canadian resume for my OH and to provide a list of contacts for whom my OH could write to for jobs. (They gave him a list of around 40 companies...... did his resume..... did all the letters and OH just had to sign and post them!) For us it helped because in all the selling, moving and working during the lead up to the big move it was one less thing to process
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
we used colin singer and found him very good has he doe`s all the paper work for you and the cost was reasonable. got us into canada within 6month`s on a work permit we are also now just waiting for pr as it as been sent to seattle done our meds so just a matter of waiting now
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

hi all,

thankyou for all your replies. a great help again!!

after much thought, I have decided to use the services of Andrew Miller, as I have heard nothing but praise for the work he does.

thanks again and no doubt will post an update very soon!!!