Sadly having to withdraw

Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:17 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all
Default Sadly having to withdraw

Firstly, hi to anybody who remembers me. I haven't posted for a long time now because I haven't been able to face this place. My relationship of well over a decade ended in the summer, which means that I'm going to have to cancel our Skilled Worker application, since we won't qualify any more.

I've done a search but it isn't clear: I've paid the application fee (but not the ROPR fee). is there any chance of me getting this back? (My application is still in the queue with about 16 months to go.) How could I go about doing this?

I've been putting this off for so long because I didn't want to admit it was happening, I'd better bite the bullet now.

Thanks to all the kind people who answered my seemingly endless questions during the application process. I really appreciate the time you took, and I'm sorry it was all for nothing in the end.

Best of luck to everybody still in the queue.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sadly having to withdraw

Whoa! Hod your horses. Slow down. So, how many points off are you?

Lets figure out collectively if there is a way around.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:42 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

But the application I've submitted wouldn't be valid for one person, though, would it? I'd still have to withdraw and start again, I think?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

where were you planning to go in Canada?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
But the application I've submitted wouldn't be valid for one person, though, would it? I'd still have to withdraw and start again, I think?
I think you need to learn to use the search function. I *have* seen posts from Andrew Miller on here about change of circumstance similar to yours where what is needed is to advice CIC that the application will not include spouse/partner and provide supporting documents to that fact.

Don't abandon hope until you have explored all options.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:53 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

I did do a search, but it's hard to know what to look for. I searched under "withdraw", "break up", "partner" etc.

The other thing is that I'm just not sure I could afford it on my own. The breakup cost quite a lot.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:50 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hipster, I'm very sorry to hear your news.

Trying to be creative and find a search term that you might not have used, I did a search for "divorce" in the Canadian Immigration forum, and found:

relationship brake up during pnp process - oh, the joys of English spelling

I found other threads in which the word divorce appeared, but they were about other topics (getting permission from non-custodial parent to move kid to Canada and stuff like that).

However, that one thread that I found was helpful. It is short, but I feel it provides all the answers you need.

But, regardless of the technical immigration issues, I hear what you're saying about finances.

Sorry, I don't know what to say beyond this, but I'll give you a virtual shot in the arm by way of karma.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:55 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

About a refund of the application fee .......

This page of the CIC Website states:
Question: Will my processing fees be refunded if I decide to withdraw my application?

Answer: Yes. If you contact the visa office before they contact you (that is, before the assessment of your application begins), your fees will be refunded.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:49 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, hi to anybody who remembers me. I haven't posted for a long time now because I haven't been able to face this place. My relationship of well over a decade ended in the summer, which means that I'm going to have to cancel our Skilled Worker application, since we won't qualify any more.

I've done a search but it isn't clear: I've paid the application fee (but not the ROPR fee). is there any chance of me getting this back? (My application is still in the queue with about 16 months to go.) How could I go about doing this?

I've been putting this off for so long because I didn't want to admit it was happening, I'd better bite the bullet now.

Thanks to all the kind people who answered my seemingly endless questions during the application process. I really appreciate the time you took, and I'm sorry it was all for nothing in the end.

Sorry to hear that. As others have posted, if you still want to emigrate don't give up quite yet. Good luck with whatever you decide
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hey hipster, again i cannot offer any practical advise. Only my best wishes and hopes you find a way through...

Kaz x
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Sent karma.

If you can amend your application and leave it running, you will still have a long while to get back on your feet financially. It's taking ages even after they start processing and then you could land and stay in the UK awhile, as the 2 out of 5 year residence rule starts on landing.

It best to have the option as starting a new application in the future would take a very long time unless you are able to secure work due to the way the immigration processes are changing - read Andrew Miller's posts for an overview.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

My Lord Hipster

My jaw did a drop when I saw your post - welcome back to the forum although it doesnt seem to be in the best of circumstances

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Gaynor
x