Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meeting new UK's going to Canada

Meeting new UK's going to Canada

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

guinivere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting new UK's going to Canada

Hi as you know I am moving to Canada next week, and it will be a little reasuring to know if anyone is about to move to Ontario or any Brits that are already living there..................

Although I have been there before, I have been home in UK now a Year, and its little scary again moving back!! So it would be nice to know of anyone out there or is in the process of moving across.........
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting new UK's going to Canada

Originally Posted by guinivere
Hi as you know I am moving to Canada next week, and it will be a little reasuring to know if anyone is about to move to Ontario or any Brits that are already living there..................

Although I have been there before, I have been home in UK now a Year, and its little scary again moving back!! So it would be nice to know of anyone out there or is in the process of moving across.........
Hi
We are coming to Ontario, LaSalle, Windsor to be exact at the beginning of October and like you I am beginning to feel apprehensive; hubby off to work, kids off to school, me left at home. Luckily hubby as some relatives around; be I will need to assimilate quickly.
So can we keep in touch.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

hey great to hear your moving over!! I am off in Ottawa now having few days break, well earned !! but as soon as i get back hopefully will get chat somemore......many thanx
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hi guinivere!

I'm a member of another forum "immigration canada forum" and there is a member there who is living in Ontario who is looking for fellow Brits to too!! I can put you in touch with her if you like!

I understand about feeling a little stressed out about moving to a different place and not knowing anyone there!! I moved to Montreal from Liverpool and it was quite frightening!!!!!! I'm now looking for any Brits here to get in touch with!!!! I get home sickness from time to time! hahaha!

Luckily I have my boyfriend (he's Canadian!)

Cheers!

Kate
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

hey, that would be great, I have got here now in Mississauga, and feeling little out of it...........I am sure it takes time to settle again, but it would be nice to know someone is the same..........especially from home!!

many thanx J.x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:19 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guinivere and welcome to BE.

I have never tried to paste a link from elsewhere in BE before so hope this works. Your post shows exactly why I started this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478525 .

If you were able to go into a section here or the Canada lifestyle forum and look at exactly who was going to your area or already lived there and were able to contact them, it would be a lot easier and quicker.

Add you support to the thread please and we might convince the mods to start one up
Thanks

Alison.

Ps: I am going to Saskatchewan, so no where near you.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:30 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already in Toronto. The wife and i are in Scarborough, in the east side of TO.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:49 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Hi moving to wasaga beach ontario in november

steve
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

oxon5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guinivere
hey, that would be great, I have got here now in Mississauga, and feeling little out of it...........I am sure it takes time to settle again, but it would be nice to know someone is the same..........especially from home!!

many thanx J.x

Hi Guinivere,

We awaiting the results of our meds but we're intending to move to Ontario. Probably the Mississauga / Oakville area as we have friends and former work colleagues in the area. We're a family of 5 (3 teenagers) plus dog. Hopefully we can exchange helpful tips in the future.

Good luck

Kevin