Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney meet 2005

Sydney meet 2005

Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Sydney meet 2005

Right i think its time to sort out the first meet of 2005
how is 20th of Feb sound ?????
how about having it in the old place. the Botanic Gardens in the city.
it seems more central for everyone. most of the people from the south (i mean real south)find it harder to get to the north for some reason. parking is not great but neith has it been at any other of the meets. took me 20 mins to find a space at the last 2. but im willing to listen to reason. if anyone has better ideas about the place or the date. let me know.
im starting this now so everyone has time to plan ahead.
it would also be nice to have some posters who have been here for years to turn out
so ive gave u a time and a date. u lot can work it out from there
lets try to make it the largest meet so far !!!!!!!!!
it will take a lot to beat the last one at the gardens. nearly 40 adutls and about 10 kids turned out.

soapy
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney meet 2005

bump
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Soapy

Wish we could join your lot in the Botanic Gardens its bloody freezin over here again.
Hope you get a good response and thanks for your support for the Aberdeen meet.

Bill
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Sydney meet 2005

Originally Posted by soapy
it seems more central for everyone. most of the people from the south (i mean real south)find it harder to get to the north for some reason. parking is not great but neith has it been at any other of the meets. took me 20 mins to find a space at the last 2. but im willing to listen to reason. if anyone has better ideas about the place or the date. let me know.
it would also be nice to have some posters who have been here for years to turn out
it will take a lot to beat the last one at the gardens. nearly 40 adutls and about 10 kids turned out.

soapy
Hey Soapy ! We might actually be able to make this one ! Depends on the hangovers ! Will let you know A.S.A.P.
All the best ,
Tass.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah will defo turn up for this one, how about a BBQ somewhere with a few beers ?????
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:23 pm
Monkey

In article <[email protected]> ,
member21907@british_expats.com (soapy) wrote:

> how is 20th of Feb sound ?????

Sounds like my birthday!

I should be there this time.

--
Paul
http://www.labrose.com

Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:40 pm
Anna

Peanuts100 is on a distinguished road

soapy
We would love to come but we don't get to Sydney until March 20th! Will definately be at the next one though! It sounds like a great day!

Anna & Si
Old Jan 15th 2005, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

jamieo70 is on a distinguished road

I've just arrived in Sydney and don't really know anyone (feel a bit lost!) so I'll come along for sure. Look forwards to it...

Jamie
Old Jan 16th 2005, 1:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Soapy

Wish we could join your lot in the Botanic Gardens its bloody freezin over here again.
Hope you get a good response and thanks for your support for the Aberdeen meet.

Bill
thanx, but dont u wory, it wont be too long before u are here
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:02 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Wink Re: Sydney meet 2005

erm can i put in a temperary reservation? i'm just about to apply for a job up that way so who knows eh?
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Tass
Hey Soapy ! We might actually be able to make this one ! Depends on the hangovers ! Will let you know A.S.A.P.
All the best ,
Tass.
thats great Tass, lay off the drink then lol
we hope u make it.
soapy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by suzysu
Yeah will defo turn up for this one, how about a BBQ somewhere with a few beers ?????
not sure if we can use a BBQ in the gardens, but i will find out.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 5:26 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by scutterUK
erm can i put in a temperary reservation? i'm just about to apply for a job up that way so who knows eh?
ill have a drink sittin waiting on ya
good luck with the job

soapy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 5:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Monkey
In article <[email protected]> ,
member21907@british_expats.com (soapy) wrote:

> how is 20th of Feb sound ?????

Sounds like my birthday!

I should be there this time.

--
Paul
http://www.labrose.com
thats great Monkey, look forward to seeing u.
Jamieo, its a good way to meet people.
aw Peanuts thats a shame, but there will be other chances to meet everyone

soapy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 5:46 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

good luck with the job

soapy
sounds perfect! ta for that.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

We arrive early march,but maybe the next one,as we dont know anyone in sydney!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:28 am
Just Joined

squalks is an unknown quantity at this point

Moved here from UK a little over two months ago, it would be lovely to meet up and make some new friends, what is the drill for these gatherings? We have a 1 year old too, are small children welcome? Our social life is not what it used to be back in the UK and we are missing adult company
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
We arrive early march,but maybe the next one,as we dont know anyone in sydney!!!!!!!!!!!
look forward to meeting u at the next meeting then chalkfarm
soapy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by squalks
Moved here from UK a little over two months ago, it would be lovely to meet up and make some new friends, what is the drill for these gatherings? We have a 1 year old too, are small children welcome? Our social life is not what it used to be back in the UK and we are missing adult company
everyones welcome.
heres a thread about our second meeting
look forward to seeing you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=sydney+meet

Last edited by soapy©; Jan 16th 2005 at 10:27 am.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:49 am
Master of verbal pish©

its a slow start to this sydney meet, i wonder where all the rugulars are hiding
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

its a slow start to this sydney meet, i wonder where all the rugulars are hiding
We're arriving on Feb 10th so would be well up for this! Me, wife, two kids aged 2 and 5... What do you want us to bring?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
We're arriving on Feb 10th so would be well up for this! Me, wife, two kids aged 2 and 5... What do you want us to bring?
the first meet we went to at the gardens were spent at the cafe. its a great place to meet and easy to find. but its not cheap. we could all meet there and move over to the grassy area beside the cafe.
we dont knoew yet if you can use portable BBQs in the park, but we will find that out soon. if not you could just bring an ESKY (cool box) with food and drink.

soapy
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

the first meet we went to at the gardens were spent at the cafe. its a great place to meet and easy to find. but its not cheap. we could all meet there and move over to the grassy area beside the cafe.
we dont knoew yet if you can use portable BBQs in the park, but we will find that out soon. if not you could just bring an ESKY (cool box) with food and drink.

soapy
OK, cool-box will probably be somewhere in the Panama Canal by that point! so we'll just stop in at Coles or something and drink the beer before it gets too warm!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
OK, cool-box will probably be somewhere in the Panama Canal by that point! so we'll just stop in at Coles or something and drink the beer before it gets too warm!
just pop them into someone elses esky
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

good luck with the job

soapy
if we come do we get a drink too??? ya bastard

nick
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by igual

nick
if i get one of your half cooked prawns
i knew this had to be u Nick, Fionas never this polite
so are u up for the meet???
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

nick
I'd just like to apologise for my foul drunk husband,

his sober beautiful wife
fiona
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

his sober beautiful wife
fiona
are u sure its him thats been drinking?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

I'd just like to apologise for my foul drunk husband,

his sober beautiful wife
fiona

I'm sure we'll make it and rope in the usual manly crowd!!

Talk of alcohol usually persuades them.

Nick
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

I'm sure we'll make it and rope in the usual manly crowd!!

Talk of alcohol usually persuades them.

Nick
ive just tried to ask you about them, but it wouldnt let me post.
look forward to seeing u all again
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Oi cheeky! as usual he's impersonating me! nightmare he keeps nicking my Knickers! :scared:
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

Oi cheeky! as usual he's impersonating me! nightmare he keeps nicking my Knickers! :scared:
nuff said
i thought he was the type
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

oy

I am beautiful.

My dad always says so

Princess Fiona

(Nick in drag)
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:08 pm
Master of verbal pish©

oy

I am beautiful.

My dad always says so

Princess Fiona

(Nick in drag)
any ideas of a time for the next meeting????
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:46 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

any ideas of a time for the next meeting????
Sundays are out for hubby (the sensible sane side of the partnership) he works shifts and always has to go to bed at midday Sunday. I will try my best for this one and try and persuade the younger 12 yr old to come too. I think the 14 yr old thinks he is too cool now but I will try.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

it seems more central for everyone. most of the people from the south (i mean real south)find it harder to get to the north for some reason.
soapy

Me + bump, hubby(sjn2003) and Charlie (18months) would love to come.
We haven't logged on since leaving the Uk, been too busy enjoying ourselves.
Steve will be almost at the end of his tax and law course, so he may well have studying to do but I'm sure he will appreciate the break and also somebody elses company other than mine.

Ange
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Sandra
Sundays are out for hubby (the sensible sane side of the partnership) he works shifts and always has to go to bed at midday Sunday. I will try my best for this one and try and persuade the younger 12 yr old to come too. I think the 14 yr old thinks he is too cool now but I will try.
great Sandra, it will be nice to finally meet u. our 2 daughters are like that too. they are nearly 16 and 18 so they claim they are far too busy. teenagers who would have them
but hey they would only sit and look grumpy anyway lol shame the sane one cant make it
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Swaffy
Me + bump, hubby(sjn2003) and Charlie (18months) would love to come.
We haven't logged on since leaving the Uk, been too busy enjoying ourselves.
Steve will be almost at the end of his tax and law course, so he may well have studying to do but I'm sure he will appreciate the break and also somebody elses company other than mine.

Ange
aw great Ange, ive spoken to steve on here a few times and it would be great to catch up with him.
so where did u finally end up living????
last time i rmbr it was going to be coogee or south coogee?

soapy
Old Jan 18th 2005, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

aw great Ange, ive spoken to steve on here a few times and it would be great to catch up with him.
so where did u finally end up living????
last time i rmbr it was going to be coogee or south coogee?

soapy
Yup, we are living in Coogee and loving it. How long have you been living in Maroubra, and what do you think? We went for a visit, it was a cloudy day and it was very quiet, the beach was empty. What's it like when the suns out?
I was thinking of having some surfing lesson there! Steve had some at Bondi, but for me Bondi is just too busy.

Ange
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Swaffy
Yup, we are living in Coogee and loving it. How long have you been living in Maroubra, and what do you think? We went for a visit, it was a cloudy day and it was very quiet, the beach was empty. What's it like when the suns out?
I was thinking of having some surfing lesson there! Steve had some at Bondi, but for me Bondi is just too busy.

Ange
im glad u finally ended up in coogee
Maroubra beach is always quiet, not quite sure why. maybe because its not built up like coogee. but we just love it. no crowds, no boozed up louts and mostly surfers. there seems to be a lot of surfing going on all the time. from early in the morning. someone said to us, before we got here that there was gang hanging about the local beach. we havent seen any of that in our 8 months here and we have been to the beach a lot. theres not as many BBQs as in coogee but then we can always get one within about 10 mins.
we settled here really quick, with 3 teens thats a feat in itself.
we wish u the best of luck and hope to catch up with you at the meet.

soapy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.