Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The silver lining to my cloud....

The silver lining to my cloud....

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The silver lining to my cloud....

I have posted on here recently of our little "Holidays from Hell" experience here in Florida on our way to Oz....

Actually, even though things havent gone as smoothly as we would have liked, we have had a terrific time and all the little bumps we have had to go through will just make for an awesome holiday tale to tell in the future...

However, finally...something has gone our way!! The travel insurance people called today. The lady at the end of the phone asked for our flight details and when we now planned to leave Florida. She also wanted to know if I had received a letter from the Doctor declaring me as "Fit to fly". I told her all the information and confirmed that the Doctor would have my letter all typed up and ready to pick up first thing Monday morning.

The insurance lady then said "Thats great, because to make your trip more comfortable after the surgery, we will be paying for you and your husband to be upgraded to Business Class".....

Gobsmacked!! Totally and utterly gobsmacked was I!! There are not many situations where I am speechless, but on this occassion....I could barely muster a Thankyou....

I can DEFINATLY recommend the insurance you get through Walkabout....They have been wonderful!!!

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:17 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: The silver lining to my cloud....

Nice one. You should enjoy the rest of your trip then

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

That's great news hels, hopefully you can now relax and enjoy the rest of your journey here.
I have to agree though, it's not often you are stuck for words
have a safe and " comfy " flight.

Paul
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
That's great news hels, hopefully you can now relax and enjoy the rest of your journey here.
I have to agree though, it's not often you are stuck for words
have a safe and " comfy " flight.

Paul

Oi!!!!!! What are you like????

Talk to you guys soon!!! Cant wait to hear about everything you have been getting up to there in Brissy....

~hugs~

Hels
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 7:48 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi Hels,

Good to hear you are on the mend. Fab news on the flight and I hope you have a safe onward journey.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 7:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
The insurance lady then said "Thats great, because to make your trip more comfortable after the surgery, we will be paying for you and your husband to be upgraded to Business Class".....
Things are looking up eh Hels? That seems a bit above and beyond the call of duty by the insurance company, which is always nice
Now just try and stay out of trouble for the rest of your trip
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad your ok, buisness class is great to fly on, I used to use it a lot when I travelled with work in Ireland around Europe.

The only trouble is that when you next fly again on porper class you realise how nice it would be to be a megga star and travel like them everywhere and how badly we are treated and squeezed into the sardine sized seats.

See you both soon when we get there in 19 days on 'peasant class'
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

You jammy bugger!

Seriously, that's brilliant news. Arrive in Aus in style!
Safe journey!
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Hels,

Not been on the site for a few weeks, so hadnt caught up with your Florida news! So sorry to hear that you have been ill. Glad to hear you are on the mend and that you got an upgrade. If you are able to drink (ie not on tablets etc) then make the most of the free champers.

Helen and Nathan send their best regards.

Good luck on your final leg home.

Dave
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: The silver lining to my cloud....

Gobsmacked!! Totally and utterly gobsmacked was I!! There are not many situations where I am speechless, but on this occassion....I could barely muster a Thankyou....

Y-A-H-O-O- !!!!!

Finally , something good happens !!! Good on you , babes !!

You will need to just chill out , put your feet up and save your "gobsmaked" and totally "speechlessness" voice for all the family waiting in Bendigo !

All the best to you both ,

Lot's of love ,

Tass.

P.S. We leave for Sydney in 29 days !!!!

Last edited by Tass; Oct 3rd 2004 at 8:05 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 10:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news Hels.

However well you are recovering, business class will surely help - being able to stretch out a bit more.

Have a great uneventful flight.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

"Thats great, because to make your trip more comfortable after the surgery, we will be paying for you and your husband to be upgraded to Business Class"

............."but the flight has to detour via Siberia so do you have thick blankets ?"

Gobsmacked!! Totally and utterly gobsmacked was I!! There are not many situations where I am speechless

A little ditty is called for...
For she's a jolly good fellow
AND SO SAY ALL OF US
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:49 am
Account Closed

You guys are all Nucking Futs!!!!

Tass....as long as we get to see ya before you go!!! How long are you in Sydney???

Anypan....We will definatly think about you porpers as we crack open the bubbly!! PS, you never emailed me back with a time that was good to call you!!!!

Dave...thanks for that!! Make sure you give Helen and Nathan a big old hug for us....We will be thinking of you guys in a couple of weeks on your big day. Cant wait to see the pics.

Bix....Ya silly ole puddy cat!! hehehehe....Oh, and Congrats right back at ya....I had meant to post on your thread last night, but I was about asleep at the keyboard....