Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

E-filed AP, then received RFE!

E-filed AP, then received RFE!

Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default E-filed AP, then received RFE!

I am very confused.... I e-filed a few weeks ago for my renewal AP, mailed in all of the photos & documents they requested and then decided to sit back and wait.

Well, today I received a RFE, stating that I need to send in photos and explanations (which I sent to them 3 weeks ago already!)

Do you think they just didn't match up my sent package to the e-filed AP? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I re-send everything?

Cheers
Peter
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-filed AP, then received RFE!

Oh my GOODNESS Peter!

This bites!

This is of no help I know but just wanted you to know I'm right behind you - If I recall, our timelines are similar - my plan is to file for renewal of AP & EAD this week. We struggled for weeks trying to see what would be best E file or hard file and we finally decided to hard file.

I'm really wishing you lots of luck with this.

(sigh)

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
I am very confused.... I e-filed a few weeks ago for my renewal AP, mailed in all of the photos & documents they requested and then decided to sit back and wait.

Well, today I received a RFE, stating that I need to send in photos and explanations (which I sent to them 3 weeks ago already!)

Do you think they just didn't match up my sent package to the e-filed AP? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I re-send everything?

Cheers
Peter
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:10 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

That exact same thing has happened to two other people that I know of.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Makes you wonder, what's the point of "E" filing when you have to turn around & send in more materials via mail!

Originally Posted by sibsie
That exact same thing has happened to two other people that I know of.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:49 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
Makes you wonder, what's the point of "E" filing when you have to turn around & send in more materials via mail!
I don't think there is a point to it. It seems like a bad idea gone wrong!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:26 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
I don't think there is a point to it. It seems like a bad idea gone wrong!
I agree!!
Peter I am so sorry to hear about your RFE, Hope you get the approval soon!!
Take care!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Peter Newton

Cheers
Peter
Hi Peter,

exact same thing happened to me... They just don't seem to know what they are doing. I filed for AP in case they would not approve my AOS after the interview- I ended up wasting money for ugly ADIT pictures that seemingly did not even get there...

I would just send them what they ask for- resending everything might give them the idea of charging you again...

Good luck!

Rebecca.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies - yes I guess I'll send everything in again. Glad I kept copies so I don't have to put is all together again.

Let you know how I got on!
Cheers
Peter
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:35 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering, but where exactly do you e-file for the AP? I looked through the immigration forms and the AP wasn't one that you could e-file. *confused*
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steffi - here's the link & cut & paste from the USCIS site. The 4th document mention down is where they mention that you can e file it.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-specific.htm

Forms Currently Available for E-Filing
**************************and
Form-Specific E-Filing Instructions

Use the links below to access form-specific E-Filing instructions for the applications currently available for E-Filing.

Note that while many of our customers are eligible to E-File, there are restrictions for some applicants.
You cannot E-File if:
You are applying for a waiver of the filing fee; or
You are requesting that your case be expedited (with the exception of Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing).

Classification-Specific Eligibility
Each form also has eligibility restrictions for E-Filing. Please see each E-filing Forms Entry Page below for detailed eligibility information.

• I-90 – Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card

• I-129 – Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

• I-129S – Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition

• I-131 – Application for Travel Document

• I-140 – Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

• I-539 – Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status

• I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization

• I-821 – Application for Temporary Protected Status
? Form I-821 is temporarily unavailable for E-Filing. See the paper-based form instructions for information on how to apply for Temporary Protected Status

• I-907 – Request for Premium Processing Service

Originally Posted by Steffi
Just wondering, but where exactly do you e-file for the AP? I looked through the immigration forms and the AP wasn't one that you could e-file. *confused*
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:26 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
Steffi - here's the link & cut & paste from the USCIS site. The 4th document mention down is where they mention that you can e file it.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-specific.htm
Thanks. That's so weird though because they obviously didn't bother updating that information on the page where it lists all forms.