British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   E-filed AP, then received RFE! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/e-filed-ap-then-received-rfe-247897/)

Peter Newton Aug 10th 2004 6:45 am

E-filed AP, then received RFE!

I am very confused.... I e-filed a few weeks ago for my renewal AP, mailed in all of the photos & documents they requested and then decided to sit back and wait.

Well, today I received a RFE, stating that I need to send in photos and explanations (which I sent to them 3 weeks ago already!)

Do you think they just didn't match up my sent package to the e-filed AP? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I re-send everything?

Cheers
Peter

janadeen Aug 10th 2004 7:07 am

Re: E-filed AP, then received RFE!

Oh my GOODNESS Peter!

This bites!

This is of no help I know but just wanted you to know I'm right behind you - If I recall, our timelines are similar - my plan is to file for renewal of AP & EAD this week. We struggled for weeks trying to see what would be best E file or hard file and we finally decided to hard file.

I'm really wishing you lots of luck with this.

(sigh)

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
I am very confused.... I e-filed a few weeks ago for my renewal AP, mailed in all of the photos & documents they requested and then decided to sit back and wait.

Well, today I received a RFE, stating that I need to send in photos and explanations (which I sent to them 3 weeks ago already!)

Do you think they just didn't match up my sent package to the e-filed AP? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I re-send everything?

Cheers
Peter

sibsie Aug 10th 2004 7:10 am

That exact same thing has happened to two other people that I know of.

janadeen Aug 10th 2004 7:19 am

Makes you wonder, what's the point of "E" filing when you have to turn around & send in more materials via mail!

Originally Posted by sibsie
That exact same thing has happened to two other people that I know of.

sibsie Aug 10th 2004 8:49 am

Originally Posted by janadeen
Makes you wonder, what's the point of "E" filing when you have to turn around & send in more materials via mail!

I don't think there is a point to it. It seems like a bad idea gone wrong!

Hypertweeky Aug 10th 2004 9:26 am

Originally Posted by sibsie
I don't think there is a point to it. It seems like a bad idea gone wrong!

I agree!!
Peter I am so sorry to hear about your RFE:(:(, Hope you get the approval soon!!
:) Take care!!

shadowboxer Aug 10th 2004 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Peter Newton

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,

exact same thing happened to me... They just don't seem to know what they are doing. I filed for AP in case they would not approve my AOS after the interview- I ended up wasting money for ugly ADIT pictures that seemingly did not even get there...

I would just send them what they ask for- resending everything might give them the idea of charging you again...

Good luck!

Rebecca.

Peter Newton Aug 11th 2004 3:54 am

Thanks for the replies - yes I guess I'll send everything in again. Glad I kept copies so I don't have to put is all together again.

Let you know how I got on!
Cheers
Peter

Steffi Aug 11th 2004 5:35 am

Just wondering, but where exactly do you e-file for the AP? I looked through the immigration forms and the AP wasn't one that you could e-file. *confused*

janadeen Aug 11th 2004 5:52 am

Steffi - here's the link & cut & paste from the USCIS site. The 4th document mention down is where they mention that you can e file it.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-specific.htm

Forms Currently Available for E-Filing
**************************and
Form-Specific E-Filing Instructions

Use the links below to access form-specific E-Filing instructions for the applications currently available for E-Filing.

Note that while many of our customers are eligible to E-File, there are restrictions for some applicants.
You cannot E-File if:
You are applying for a waiver of the filing fee; or
You are requesting that your case be expedited (with the exception of Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing).

Classification-Specific Eligibility
Each form also has eligibility restrictions for E-Filing. Please see each E-filing Forms Entry Page below for detailed eligibility information.

• I-90 – Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card

• I-129 – Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

• I-129S – Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition

• I-131 – Application for Travel Document

• I-140 – Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

• I-539 – Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status

• I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization

• I-821 – Application for Temporary Protected Status
? Form I-821 is temporarily unavailable for E-Filing. See the paper-based form instructions for information on how to apply for Temporary Protected Status

• I-907 – Request for Premium Processing Service

Originally Posted by Steffi
Just wondering, but where exactly do you e-file for the AP? I looked through the immigration forms and the AP wasn't one that you could e-file. *confused*

Steffi Aug 11th 2004 7:26 am

Originally Posted by janadeen
Steffi - here's the link & cut & paste from the USCIS site. The 4th document mention down is where they mention that you can e file it.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-specific.htm

Thanks. That's so weird though because they obviously didn't bother updating that information on the page where it lists all forms.