Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

utilities, how much can i expect to pay?

utilities, how much can i expect to pay?

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default utilities, how much can i expect to pay?

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on utility costs. I am in ajax and i am looking at rentinga small 3 bed town house. I have never dealt with utilities here yet and the landlord will tell you what he wants in order to rent the property!
I am at work all day and only there in the evenings. Showers daily, computer, alarm system, heating. general house usage.
Can anyone give me a rouge idea of hydro cost, water cost, gas etc

much appreciated.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:40 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: utilities, how much can i expect to pay?

Originally Posted by babyblue
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on utility costs. I am in ajax and i am looking at rentinga small 3 bed town house. I have never dealt with utilities here yet and the landlord will tell you what he wants in order to rent the property!
I am at work all day and only there in the evenings. Showers daily, computer, alarm system, heating. general house usage.

much appreciated.
I have a small three bedroomed detached house in the beach. Gas is $200/month, electricity $150, water <$50. I'd expect gas to be much less in a townhouse, perhaps half, but the electric bill is nearly all fixed cost so I doubt you'd save anything there.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:13 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue

much appreciated.
5 Bed House - 2 adults 1 child & Fish tank - underfloor heat in basement & garage.
All Monthly bills:
Water:$42.95
Gas:$218.44 lowest gas in July $27.45
Elec:$79.39
Cable/internet:110.05
Telus:$65.78 phone Mummy in UK everyweek average 1.5 hours most weeks.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

We live in a detached home in Niagara Falls, total annualy bills for water, natural gas and electricity runs to nearly $3000. We have an electric dryer, washing machine, dishwasher, heat the house to 20 degrees. and aircondition in the summer. We have one teenager, three kids 9 and under and two adults.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:53 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
5 Bed House - 2 adults 1 child & Fish tank - underfloor heat in basement & garage.
All Monthly bills:
Water:$42.95
Gas:$218.44 lowest gas in July $27.45
Elec:$79.39
Cable/internet:110.05
Telus:$65.78 phone Mummy in UK everyweek average 1.5 hours most weeks.
Wow, your water bill is low down there in Red Deer !. And your gas pretty high . Is that due to the underfloor heating in the basement?

Do you like Red Deer. Passed through it a few times. Always liked the landscape around there. More hilly and nice and leafy.

Do you know of many Brits that settle there, as there are qiute a few of us up here in Sherwood Park esp.