Breathalisers

Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Breathalisers

Has anyone else read that the system here in France has now canned the law on carrying breathalisers in cars? It was due to be enforced, and has now been canned!!! If this is the case, who is going to refund us on the hastle and cost we had getting these bloomin things in the first place
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breathalisers

Well it certainly won't be the poor guys who've been sacked from the companies that were supposed to be making them - they've lost rather a lot more than 2 € each !
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had just paid 2 euros each! Paid a little more than that for 2 cars plus delivery!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbi2
I wish I had just paid 2 euros each! Paid a little more than that for 2 cars plus delivery!
Ah yes, I see why you're hacked off then
Not one of Sarko's better ideas.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

White Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond repute

I know quite a few people who didn't actually run around like headless chickens trying to buy them at any cost and never bothered. They are laughing now.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:38 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Having read about the cancellation of the project a couple of days ago I woke up this morning to an e-mail from Amazon telling me of a marvellous 45% discount on these - "As of 1st July 2012 all cars driven in France must carry a breathalyser conforming to NF Standards"

Obviously they don't follow up on things or follow BritishExpats.com

Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by White Trash
I know quite a few people who didn't actually run around like headless chickens trying to buy them at any cost and never bothered. They are laughing now.
None of my neighbours did and they all told me it would never happen, so I must admit I never got round to getting one either. But I'm not laughing cos I'm not that sort of person

The ferries are still trying to flog them too, has it not been in the UK newspapers that they are no longer needed?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on there! The Ethylotest project has not been abandoned by the government. Indeed it's currently been put on hold, and it appears that nobody will be fined from the previously declared date of 1st March if found not in posession of a kit. This has been incorrectly defined as project abandoned. Not so.
M. Valls is hedging his bets to a final implementation, and talks are expected to be resumed middle of March.
For those who have purchased a kit, dont throw them out - they could still be a legal requirement before the year is out. And for those flash folks who may have purchased an electronic kit, don't forget to remain valid they have to be officially re-calibrated once per year at an average cost of 12 euros. And I was reading last week that one of the most expensive electronic units was an utter failure during extensive lab tests at temperatures <10 degrees celsius with the recommendation that it be removed from the marketplace.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

It's not been canned but postponed 'sine die' which means indefinitely and with no set or proposed date for reassessment.

AFAIK this from Jan 24th is the most recent public utterance:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/20...ligatoires.php