Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Money transfer from Philippines

Money transfer from Philippines

Old May 8th 2024, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

smallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to all
Default Money transfer from Philippines

Aware that this is probably the reverse direction to most transfers....

My wife and I are UK based non-residents of the Philippines, although she is a citizen with a PNB account there.

We are seeking to move some significant excess funds from Philippines to UK, but note that a wise account doesn't seem to facilitate this. Does anyone have experience of a reasonably priced method of doing similar?

thank you
Old May 9th 2024, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfer from Philippines

Last resort, but a person can take out up to $10k in cash or traveller's checks. 100 $100 notes.If two of you that's over P1M a trip.
If you are happy doing it over time? And can find a way to deposit any surplus in the UK without a lot of questions.
Old May 10th 2024, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you can only transfer 50,000 pesos out of the Philippines. Go to an LBC express and fill out the form, they will then compute the amount and fees.
Old May 10th 2024, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I believe you can only transfer 50,000 pesos out of the Philippines. Go to an LBC express and fill out the form, they will then compute the amount and fees.
What the Bangkok Senntral says you can physically take out.of the country. The P50K just account to account.
From what the OP says the amount to be transfered is a great deal more and I guess there is a restriction on how many transfers you can do.