Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Organic tobacco in ÖREBRO...

Organic tobacco in ÖREBRO...

Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:47 am
Just Joined

JohnnyO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Organic tobacco in ÖREBRO...

lol
Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:48 am
Just Joined

PS I have to ask you this - HOW the hell did you get a proper rental contract/apartment here? And here in Orebro - its absolutely insanely difficult - I am just glad my GF is still studying and able to get a student flat through Obo or we would be seriously stuffed...
Old Dec 12th 2015, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi again Johnny,I arrived in Sweden in 1969, things were a lot easier back then. It was even possible to take on seasonal work between May and October without a work or residence permit!I'm totally out of touch with Sweden these days, just enjoying my retirement in a country I have always loved and admired.Blackie
Old Dec 12th 2015, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Sounds like you've got it worked out Blackie I'm a work slave myself - going to be doing that till the day I die - but getting a first hand rental contract and apartment here in Orebro seems harder to do than getting the winning lotto numbers... I mean, I work 7 days a week, I make good money and I would have thought I am the perfect tenant - but the Swedes I have dealt with who supposedly had apartments to rent and available were an absolute nightmare - played games and mucked us around no end and at the end of the day if it was not for the fact that my good lady is entitled to student accommodation through Obo we would literally be IN THE STREET...

Its a shame really - only been here a short time - love the coffee - love the place itself - but when it comes to dealing with the locals to try and get a legitimate landlord who is prepared to rent you an apartment - even if you are the perfect tenant - impossible
Old Dec 12th 2015, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

I think one problem is that the new wave migrants will jump ahead of you in the housing queue. If you could get your girlfriend to mention to one of these possible landlords that they might be legally forced to accept migrants as tenants (it's called tvångsrekrytering in Swedish) instead of decent lawabiding citizens with a fulltime job, that might trigger some response...
Old Dec 12th 2015, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Blackie - I would like to think commonsense WOULD prevail here - but obviously the average Swede would prefer to have some nice Somali muslim tenants rather than someone like myself who works 7 days a week and has a stable job - the excuse ONE of them gave - after stringing us along for TWO WEEKS with BS and excuses - you know what it was? It was because my GF has two canaries and apparently ''they would make too much noise and disturb the neighbours''... I mean seriously, WTF ? lol I thought it was bad in Japan but seriously...
Old Dec 18th 2015, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Any news on the Flat Front Johnny? I only wish I could be of more help.Blackie
Old Dec 31st 2015, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Annabel12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackladder
I think one problem is that the new wave migrants will jump ahead of you in the housing queue. If you could get your girlfriend to mention to one of these possible landlords that they might be legally forced to accept migrants as tenants (it's called tvångsrekrytering in Swedish) instead of decent lawabiding citizens with a fulltime job, that might trigger some response...
Hahaaaa you haven't changed at all
At mine lots of hotels are being sold for a very good money to accomodate refugees. The owners, Dutchies, sell them and get the hell out of here.
Regarding flats/houses there's nothing available. We have contract till April and then owner wants to sell the house. Good I'm on my way out anyway
Old Jan 1st 2016, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Annabel and Happy New Year!Changed? I'm 2000 km away from Sweden, loving life in SW France, so I'm a lot happier and more contented! However, I still get the urge sometimes to just warn people about the hazards and pitfalls of moving to Sweden; all of their propaganda about being the best country in the world to live in!Good luck wherever you move to!pussokramBlackie
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Hi Annabel and Happy New Year!Changed? I'm 2000 km away from Sweden, loving life in SW France, so I'm a lot happier and more contented! However, I still get the urge sometimes to just warn people about the hazards and pitfalls of moving to Sweden; all of their propaganda about being the best country in the world to live in!Good luck wherever you move to!pussokramBlackie
Yeah, propaganda is the key word, I'm getting sick of it (and everything else, we have a real communism here). We're gonna try Oslo - there's not much info about Norway on here unfortunately but it seems a bit more normal, we shall see.
South France is still on my 'retirement paradise' list, I envy you so bad!
All the best in New Year and puss å kram till dig!
Old Jan 1st 2016, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Communism ? Have you told the King ? He will put an end to all that !
Old Jan 1st 2016, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Communism ? Have you told the King ? He will put an end to all that !
Nothing will put end to that I'm afraid haha
Was trying to speak to Löfven but he was in Lalaland as usual ;D
Old Jan 1st 2016, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annabel12
We're gonna try Oslo - there's not much info about Norway on here unfortunately but it seems a bit more normal, we shall see.
Let us know how you get on, Annabel. My son has shared a flat in Valerenga with three or four others for seven/eight years, and I'm always interested in what other options are available.