Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Need Information on Denmark - GREEN CARD SCHEME..!!!!

Need Information on Denmark - GREEN CARD SCHEME..!!!!

Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

mayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant future
Default Need Information on Denmark - GREEN CARD SCHEME..!!!!

any has any idea abnout Denmark Green Card Scheme for prospective skilled migrant?? I am from India and planning to move DENMARK under Green Card Scheme. But I am confused about Language Requirement..

I really don't understand that do I need to have knowledge of English only or I would need to clear (pass) any other Denish language also??

Can any body help me referrring the details below that I got it from http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/comin...ard-scheme.htm

Language skills
Your language skills will be given points based on a four-level system modelled after the official Danish language proficiency tests for foreigners (the Danish Language Test, Levels 1, 2 and 3 and the Study Test in Danish as a Second Language).

In order to be given points for language skills, you must document that you have passed an exam in either Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German at a level corresponding to at least Danish Language Test, Level 1 (Prøve i Dansk 1). You can only receive points for one Scandinavian language and for either English or German. As such, you can receive points for both Swedish and English, or both Danish and German, but not for both Danish and Norwegian, or for both English and German.

Here is a list of foreign language exams with their corresponding Danish level. Only approved exams qualify for points. Other exams do not qualify for points.

As an alternative to a language exam, you can document your language skills with a statement from a previous employer attesting that you have used Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German on the job for at least one year, or by presenting documentation that you have completed at least one year of studies at a higher educational programme which was taught in one of these languages. This will be accepted as a level corresponding to that of Study Test in Danish as a Second Language (Studieprøven). Points are given as follows:

•Level corresponding to Danish Language Test, Level 1 (Prøve i Dansk 1): 5 points.
•Level corresponding to Danish Language Test, Level 2 (Prøve i Dansk 2): 10 points.
•Level corresponding to Danish Language Test, Level 3 (Prøve i Dansk 3): 15 points.
•Level corresponding to Study Test in Danish as a Second Language (Studieprøven) or higher/one year's study or work: 20 points
You can be given a maximum of 30 points for your language skills.

Please note: Good Danish skills are often essential to engage effectively in the Danish labor market.

I request you all please help me..

Regards,

Mayur