Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

moving to Copenhagen H I S school

moving to Copenhagen H I S school

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

cmcp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Copenhagen H I S school

Hi there, we are trying to find out about Hirsholm International School. I know that everyone chooses CIS and therefore our son will be on a wait list. Cannot afford to wait as we will arrive in January. Any hints on the school and areas for living as husband working in Copenhagen city would be appreciated. Did not realise how expesive Denmark was!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Amrohvi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Copenhagen H I S school

Hello,
yes Denmark is expensive. I would say that its not as bad as London though.
Have you thought about Amager International School? Its located near the airport and is also a 15 mins drive to City Centre.

Amrohvi
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Amrohvi is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me give you an advice (hope you dont mind),
I am a British citizen myself. I work in Copenhagen but live in Malmö, Sweden.
Twenty Thousand Danes have done the same due to the money one can save.
As an EU citizen you are allowed to live in Malmö and work in Denmark. A train trip takes 30 mins. A car trip takes 40 mins (depends on location).
You get a HUGE tax relief due to the km. On top of that houses are 50 % cheaper and so is food and cost of living. Malmö also has has a FREE private English school. A Danish news paper just calculated that working in Denmark and living in Sweden makes a family save up to 6000 dkr!

Cars are 60% cheaper in Sweden aswell. On TOP of that your Danish kr salary will make you live as a KING in Sweden.....

Amrohvi
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

cmcp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for this. I will pass the information on to my husband, it may be worth thinking about as i know that life will be very expensive.
C
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amrohvi
Let me give you an advice (hope you dont mind),
I am a British citizen myself. I work in Copenhagen but live in Malmö, Sweden.
Twenty Thousand Danes have done the same due to the money one can save.
As an EU citizen you are allowed to live in Malmö and work in Denmark. A train trip takes 30 mins. A car trip takes 40 mins (depends on location).
You get a HUGE tax relief due to the km. On top of that houses are 50 % cheaper and so is food and cost of living. Malmö also has has a FREE private English school. A Danish news paper just calculated that working in Denmark and living in Sweden makes a family save up to 6000 dkr!

Cars are 60% cheaper in Sweden aswell. On TOP of that your Danish kr salary will make you live as a KING in Sweden.....

Amrohvi
on top of that Horsholm wasn't a great school when I last saw it 4 years ago.
High staff turnover and generally young, inexperienced staff (I wasn't one of them!).