Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Home education Denmark

Home education Denmark

Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

bogginnog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home education Denmark

Is it legal in Denmark to home ed your children? Only just a matter of interest at the moment.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

DKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Home education Denmark

what you mean by Home Ed ?? what are the ages of your children ??
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DKCAN
what you mean by Home Ed ?? what are the ages of your children ??
Home Education is whereby you teach your own children in the home. In some countries this is illegal. In England it is a choice. Was wondering if it was same in Denmark?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

DKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bogginnog
Home Education is whereby you teach your own children in the home. In some countries this is illegal. In England it is a choice. Was wondering if it was same in Denmark?
Yes, It is Legel.. but there are some terms.. You need to be educated enough to do that... You need to inform Municipliy.. we call it Kommune in Denmark.. That you are teaching kids at home.. and they will make sure that you can do that and once you are good to do that you are OK to do that ..

But one point.. when your kids learn at schools at universities schools or whatever.. you dont pay ... cuz you pay tax.. but if you teach kids at home .. you still have to pay the same tax and you WONT get any tax returns, reforms or tax back -- u still have to pay the same Tax..

but just to conclude.. It should be possible and legel to teach the kids at home...

regadrs,

Anymore question ? PM me ..
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Yes, It is Legel.. but there are some terms.. You need to be educated enough to do that... You need to inform Municipliy.. we call it Kommune in Denmark.. That you are teaching kids at home.. and they will make sure that you can do that and once you are good to do that you are OK to do that ..

But one point.. when your kids learn at schools at universities schools or whatever.. you dont pay ... cuz you pay tax.. but if you teach kids at home .. you still have to pay the same tax and you WONT get any tax returns, reforms or tax back -- u still have to pay the same Tax..

but just to conclude.. It should be possible and legel to teach the kids at home...

regadrs,

Anymore question ? PM me ..

Many thanks, it is pretty much along same lines as in England. Do you know what they would class as educated enough?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks, it is pretty much along same lines as in England. Do you know what they would class as educated enough?
NP... Well, When you send kids at kinda or pre school or after school... The caregivers are trained in handling kids and stuff.. I think you do NOT need formal education like Teachers or something You need to be university educated and not a reported criminal or drugee.. Its quite easy to convince them, if you have a valid reason that why you want to teach your kids at home. As a Brit, it would be bad to say that I want to isolate my kids from Danes or Danes society .. But tell them whatever reason you might have. It also depends where you live in Denmark. Some "Kommunes" are easy to talk to then others... soo .. Why when and where in Denmark you are planning to move??

Cheers... DK->CAN
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:05 am
Just Joined

NP... Well, When you send kids at kinda or pre school or after school... The caregivers are trained in handling kids and stuff.. I think you do NOT need formal education like Teachers or something You need to be university educated and not a reported criminal or drugee.. Its quite easy to convince them, if you have a valid reason that why you want to teach your kids at home. As a Brit, it would be bad to say that I want to isolate my kids from Danes or Danes society .. But tell them whatever reason you might have. It also depends where you live in Denmark. Some "Kommunes" are easy to talk to then others... soo .. Why when and where in Denmark you are planning to move??

Cheers... DK->CAN
I have certificates in learning support (teaching assistant) and in Makaton sign language, and good school/college education. One of my children has learning difficulties and this is why I was questioning. The other I would send to school. Only in thinking stages of immigrating at the moment, just looking at possibilities. Any where but England!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

I have certificates in learning support (teaching assistant) and in Makaton sign language, and good school/college education. One of my children has learning difficulties and this is why I was questioning. The other I would send to school. Only in thinking stages of immigrating at the moment, just looking at possibilities. Any where but England!
Olright.. I think you have a good enough reason to teach him/her at home. *NO WORRIES* ... well, Denmark is a good country. Many many brits live here.. plz ask if you have a question or two ..