Are you Tweeting?

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you Tweeting?

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Ok - please tell me how I tweet at someone!

Is this what the link Direct Messages is for?
yes or reply if you wish to reply openly..

i think i know who you are
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
yes or reply if you wish to reply openly..

i think i know who you are
Ha! Well done Sherlock. I'm following Perez Hilton now, and I'm managed to find Pamela Anderson, Sharon Osborne, and a whole ton of other celebs that he follows. This is addictive...
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Well done Sherlock. I'm following Perez Hilton now, and I'm managed to find Pamela Anderson, Sharon Osborne, and a whole ton of other celebs that he follows. This is addictive...
oh well, you will find mine rather boring, unless you like listening to a pair of middle aged bores compare triathlon training notes
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Talking about twitter - how bad is this?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...ts_Sale_Online
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:41 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

So this thing about how many people follow you is just the latest ego-massage / willy-waving exercise in the same way as telling everyone how many Facebook friends you have, right? And the "tweets" are the new status updates where you try your hardest to convince everyone you have an interesting and fulfilling life, even though you actually spend all day on the internet...

Sounds right up my street!

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jun 23rd 2009 at 9:44 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
So this thing about how many people follow you is just the latest ego-massage / willy-waving exercise in the same way as telling everyone how many Facebook friends you have, right? And the "tweets" are the new status updates where you try your hardest to convince everyone you have an interesting and fulfilling life, even though you actually spend all day on the internet...

Sounds right up my street!
Exactly - although times have changed now gramps, you can update it from your blackberry or iphone on the move, so you don't have to sit in front a pc all day!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:53 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly - although times have changed now gramps, you can update it from your blackberry or iphone on the move, so you don't have to sit in front a pc all day!
Gramps!?

So you can sit in the pub or cafe on your tod or ignore your mates while you hammer away on your phone. Cool.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Gramps!?

So you can sit in the pub or cafe on your tod or ignore your mates while you hammer away on your phone. Cool.
It's called multi tasking. Never mind
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:02 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Can't get the hang of it myself Alan Carr has got a new chat show where he has a Tweeting section so I have managed to figure out how to follow him!
If you're interested in what I am watching on telly and my recent bowel movements, I'd be happy to post updates to this thread?

That's pretty much what twitter is.

I like my friends, but I really don't need or care to know what they are doing right now, what they had for lunch, what is on their ipod, or that they are looking forward to having a beer tonight. I mean, what the hell are we going to talk about when we meet up?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:20 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by captainflack
If you're interested in what I am watching on telly and my recent bowel movements, I'd be happy to post updates to this thread?

That's pretty much what twitter is.

I like my friends, but I really don't need or care to know what they are doing right now, what they had for lunch, what is on their ipod, or that they are looking forward to having a beer tonight. I mean, what the hell are we going to talk about when we meet up?
There is a lot of dross, especially on Facebook. I've got friends whose statuses are invariably about how much they hate their job and wish it was the weekend. I just moan about what's wrong with me this week, so I'm not really one to talk.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:41 am