British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Yoo-Hoo... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/yoo-hoo-643895/)

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:17 am

Yoo-Hoo...

Yoo-Hoo... Yoo-Hoo... Yoo-Hoo...

Is it just me or does this bored appear to have died a slow, painful death in the last few months...

MataHari Dec 8th 2009 8:26 am

Re: Yoo-Hoo...

it's never been more boring for sure...full of moaning whinging people...oh, now I am doing it myself.

Blue Cat Dec 8th 2009 8:27 am

yup it appears to have lost it's edge

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:27 am

Its contagious.....

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:28 am

So, does that mean we need a new, edgier level at which to aim for....??

MataHari Dec 8th 2009 8:28 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8155417)
Its contagious.....

that's why I shut up...

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8155421)
that's why I shut up...

...and we all now have that in writing... lol

MataHari Dec 8th 2009 8:32 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8155419)
So, does that mean we need a new, edgier level at which to aim for....??

the forum is made up of posters...and currently they seem to be a group of random people that have no banter going on...people make their post and disappear...
and there are quite a few people that seem to be bored and looking for social activities but no one ever takes any initiative to get together and do stuff...all people seem to be doing is complain about Dubai and/or the UK...which for me are both subjects I have very little to say about...

MataHari Dec 8th 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8155426)
...and we all now have that in writing... lol

oh well...bye bye

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:35 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8155430)
the forum is made up of posters...and currently they seem to be a group of random people that have no banter going on...people make their post and disappear...
and there are quite a few people that seem to be bored and looking for social activities but no one ever takes any initiative to get together and do stuff...all people seem to be doing is complain about Dubai and/or the UK...which for me are both subjects I have very little to say about...

True... Everyone went on about how detrimental the perceived cliqueness was on here..

Yet the opposite appears to have been true...

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:38 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8155435)
oh well...bye bye

Hmmm..

Looks like weeks away from a good ruck on the bored seems to have thinned your skin somewhat.....

MataHari Dec 8th 2009 8:41 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8155441)
True... Everyone went on about how detrimental the perceived cliqueness was on here..

Yet the opposite appears to have been true...

oh I know, think we've said this not so long ago...the whole clique thing is a bit of a myth...certainly when there was a more closeknit group of regulars posting there was much more interaction on here, not just between those posters but also with less active ones...
anyway...don't want to start sounding like one of those 'in the olden days everything was better types'...but there seems to be lacking some sort of 'community spirit' that makes the forum tick...

MataHari Dec 8th 2009 8:42 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8155453)
Hmmm..

Looks like weeks away from a good ruck on the bored seems to have thinned your skin somewhat.....

nah...I am still here

oh and a good ruck is Dutch for a good wank...hmmmm

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:44 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8155464)
oh I know, think we've said this not so long ago...the whole clique thing is a bit of a myth...certainly when there was a more closeknit group of regulars posting there was much more interaction on here, not just between those posters but also with less active ones...
anyway...don't want to start sounding like one of those 'in the olden days everything was better types'...but there seems to be lacking some sort of 'community spirit' that makes the forum tick...

A lack of fresh blood with a sense of humour doesnt help either..

TGFKASE Dec 8th 2009 8:45 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8155471)
nah...I am still here

oh and a good ruck is Dutch for a good wank...hmmmm

You learn something new every day.. Maybe explains why rugby never really took off in the Netherlands....