Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Worst interview question ever...

Worst interview question ever...

Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:32 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst interview question ever...

"so why do you want the job?"

Note I have thought of and come close to saying these but have yet to say any outloud, tbh it's only a matter of time as I have little self control

"actually I don't but since I have to earn a living and you pay well here I am"
" Actually I don't any more, you seem to be a complete tit but I reckon I can manipulate you quite easily"

"so why should we give you the job?"
"because you want to make more money"

I've actually used this one a few times and got the job every time
Old Jun 9th 2012, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

Internal interview for a promotion and was asked what are your most positive attributes...I replied that I was handsome, witty, courageous, intelligent, creative etc etc

They then asked what people might say my negative attributes were?

I replied "That I was a compulsive liar"

I got the job
Old Jun 9th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

in the NE of England....

him - "come in son, sit down. red and white or black and white? "
me - "red and white "
him "wrong answer, you've got some work to do now if you want the job"

I did get it and he was a top bloke
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I like asking questions that make people squirm a little.

You'd be surprised how many expats here get a bit flustered with simple, soft, general, bollocks ones, and then just blatantly lie;

(In regards to GM / Ops Director posts)

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Now, wait for them to umm, arr, procrastinate and then make up some shit covering the fact that in 3 years they want to be at home playing golf with the money they make from this job in the bank, not giving a shit about the 5 year plan that the new company want them to lead.

Classic.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I like asking questions that make people squirm a little.

You'd be surprised how many expats here get a bit flustered with simple, soft, general, bollocks ones, and then just blatantly lie;

(In regards to GM / Ops Director posts)

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Now, wait for them to umm, arr, procrastinate and then make up some shit covering the fact that in 3 years they want to be at home playing golf with the money they make from this job in the bank, not giving a shit about the 5 year plan that the new company want them to lead.

Classic.
In the volatile and uncertain world we now live in, any company that thinks you can plan five years ahead is going to end up where it deserves to be......

Nowhere.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
In the volatile and uncertain world we now live in, any company that thinks you can plan five years ahead is going to end up where it deserves to be......

Nowhere.
Flip that though.

If any company doesn't plan X years ahead is going to end up nowhere.

Swings / Roundabouts.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Flip that though.

If any company doesn't plan X years ahead is going to end up nowhere.

Swings / Roundabouts.
I think a five-DAY plan is a good idea - after four days, you review how you are getting on, then tear it up and write a new one......
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:35 am
Account Closed

I think a five-DAY plan is a good idea - after four days, you review how you are getting on, then tear it up and write a new one......
I like a plan. Direction is good, on the whole, depending who provides / decides it.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:40 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Nowhere.
Exactly, companies that think they can plan on a macro level for 5 years are seriously deluded, the plan of the day is be opportunistic. Anything else is a waste of time.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:40 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

"So why do you want to kill people"

I was 16, getting interviewed for aircrew (pilot) at RAF careers office by handlebar moustached Squadron Leader.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:46 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
"So why do you want to kill people"

I was 16, getting interviewed for aircrew (pilot) at RAF careers office by handlebar moustached Squadron Leader.
and the answer was?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:48 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
and the answer was?
It's not the person, it's the machine and what it's capable of that you want to eliminate.

I passed, got to the three day initial aircrew selection process in Biggin Hill and failed my medical on my eyesight.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
It's not the person, it's the machine and what it's capable of that you want to eliminate.

I passed, got to the three day initial aircrew selection process in Biggin Hill and failed my medical on my eyesight.
Sorry mate, can you make the font bigger. Can't read it.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Sorry mate, can you make the font bigger. Can't read it.
Too much w@anking Scampy???
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
Too much w@anking Scampy???
No, your maid and wife are experts at the double-handed-pepper-grinder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.