Working in Neom - KSA

Old Feb 1st 2022, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

MariaTMorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Working in Neom - KSA

Hi All,
This is a general query relating to how the employment process works for getting a role in Neom KSA. I have put myself out there this year to move over to the ME to work, we've never been Expats before, and it is just my husband and I. I am a qualified accountant with many years experience, and have put my CV out there on Linkedin and Gulf Talent. I have been contacted by an agency about a role in Neom KSA, and to be honest I am getting quite excited at the prospect of a whole new life, and the guy from the agency is great, no complaints.
However, (there's always an however! :-) I don't have any experience of agencies abroad, I've dealt with them many times in the UK and you can never be sure if you are - "in, in" with a shot at getting a job or if you being touted around at their discretion!
This agency seem great, and I guess I don't want my bubble burst!!!
So I'll cut to the chase, are there multiple ways to get employed by Neom? Do they just use the one agency, what other avenues have people used to find a job?
Some of the jobs across the ME I see listed on linked in have thousands of applicants!!! - also, the same jobs come round and round after months so I'm assuming alot of jobs are false and set up by agencies! I have also contacted a number of the big agencies, sent my CV, emailed, phoned but no response (which is typical of UK agencies - unless of course they want something!!).
I am so hoping the agency I am dealing with come good with this one, I'm holding the faith, don't get me wrong! but at the same time not feeling I can fully influence as quickly as I want to is driving me mad!!! - my enthusiasm is getting the better of me! - an unusual trait in an accountant I am told!!
Thanks in advance for any help or pointers any one can give me!
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in Neom - KSA

Originally Posted by MariaTMorris
Hi All,
This is a general query relating to how the employment process works for getting a role in Neom KSA. I have put myself out there this year to move over to the ME to work, we've never been Expats before, and it is just my husband and I. I am a qualified accountant with many years experience, and have put my CV out there on Linkedin and Gulf Talent. I have been contacted by an agency about a role in Neom KSA, and to be honest I am getting quite excited at the prospect of a whole new life, and the guy from the agency is great, no complaints.
However, (there's always an however! :-) I don't have any experience of agencies abroad, I've dealt with them many times in the UK and you can never be sure if you are - "in, in" with a shot at getting a job or if you being touted around at their discretion!
This agency seem great, and I guess I don't want my bubble burst!!!
So I'll cut to the chase, are there multiple ways to get employed by Neom? Do they just use the one agency, what other avenues have people used to find a job?
Some of the jobs across the ME I see listed on linked in have thousands of applicants!!! - also, the same jobs come round and round after months so I'm assuming alot of jobs are false and set up by agencies! I have also contacted a number of the big agencies, sent my CV, emailed, phoned but no response (which is typical of UK agencies - unless of course they want something!!).
I am so hoping the agency I am dealing with come good with this one, I'm holding the faith, don't get me wrong! but at the same time not feeling I can fully influence as quickly as I want to is driving me mad!!! - my enthusiasm is getting the better of me! - an unusual trait in an accountant I am told!!
Thanks in advance for any help or pointers any one can give me!

Hi there -

There are many, many agencies that recruit for NEOM. As much as they'll all tell you they have exclusive access to all of their recruitment, its just not true.

The NEOM webpage and LinkedIn job postings are where you'll find the actual roles available at the time, and finding the actual HR rep on LinkedIn that you can personally get in touch with is a better way than just sending in your CV into a blackhole and never know where it'll end up.

Continue to push your current agency and ask them all the question you need to - make sure you stay on their back, as you will not be the only person looking for their attention. You need to be front of mind should a role become available or a role ready to interview for.

Who are you currently dealing with, and how did they get your information? Are they being specific about a role, or is it more of an information fishing exercise at this point in time for them? They tend to do this if no roles are available and (maybe) contact you in future if and when a role comes up that might suit.

Old Feb 2nd 2022, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for the information and much appreciated!! I am dealing with Propel Consult, they have sent me across 2 specific job descriptions, the second one looking the more suitable. They got my information from Gulf Talent, this is a platform I had never used before and hence was a apprehensive. I have since made contact on LinkedIn with the consultant as well, and I did google the company before I sent my official CV over! (unfortunately its the way you have to think these days!!). I will definitely start hunting down the Neom HR people as well - that's a really good shout, thank you! But if you have had any specific dealings with Propel do let me know! :-)
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi, thank you for the information and much appreciated!! I am dealing with Propel Consult, they have sent me across 2 specific job descriptions, the second one looking the more suitable. They got my information from Gulf Talent, this is a platform I had never used before and hence was a apprehensive. I have since made contact on LinkedIn with the consultant as well, and I did google the company before I sent my official CV over! (unfortunately its the way you have to think these days!!). I will definitely start hunting down the Neom HR people as well - that's a really good shout, thank you! But if you have had any specific dealings with Propel do let me know! :-)
Hi, no can't say I've ever heard of Propel, so have no advice or thoughts unfortunately.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for getting back to me! Much appreciated!!
Old Mar 7th 2022, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for getting back to me! Much appreciated!!

Any update on your recruitment situation? Did yiu manage to get any further with your recruiter and/or NEOM directly?
Old Mar 7th 2022, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Hi, no they never came back with anything! I did stay on them for weeks after but sensed the brush off eventually - typical recruitment agencies!! Infact, I think I might just send a prodding email to them now - just for fun!
I have registered on Neom website (as you suggested - thank you!!) and have applied for a couple of jobs (I'm an accountant), I've not had a no from them but had no response yet- are Neom particularly slow at responding? I have noticed a few critical comments about the HR set up on the forum, but have never dealt with them directly so don't know for sure.
I'm not giving up though! and I keep looking out for other agencies on LinkedIn, but again, they tend not to respond - only when its in their own interests!! - Lol :-) excuse my super criticism of agencies, I am sure there must be some good ones out there somewhere..........

Thank you for asking and keeping me in the loop, I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks, it helps keep the dream alive!! :-)
Old Jul 4th 2022, 10:59 am
Just Joined

artificial intelligence is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard some Hotels in Neom are now granted to legally serve alcohol in that region now?
Old Jul 4th 2022, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by artificial intelligence
I heard some Hotels in Neom are now granted to legally serve alcohol in that region now?
Hahahahhaha
You need a new source of information.....