Wimbledoom

Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Wimbledoom

The thing with being British and Scottish / English / Welsh / N.Irish is that they are not mutually exclusive.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Unfortunately, that's never going to change from either side and it will perennially be the other nations fault.
thats my point, the vast majority of scots have no problem whatsoever with the english being proud of being english, in fact I believe most find it disturbing that more do not. So why then is Scottish pride such a threatening thing?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
as far as I'm aware the exact same mechanism exists in England to dissolve the union
Is it the last one out pays the bill?

I do wonder about that. Apparently UK debt is currently sat at over 900 Billion GBP, so will this be equally shared (on a population basis) if Scotland does become independent?

Using a UK population of 60 million and a Scottish population of 5.3 million that comes out in the region of 80 Billion GBP........ Offt! Not a great starting position.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

The thing with being British and Scottish / English / Welsh / N.Irish is that they are not mutually exclusive.
Agreed!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
thats my point, the vast majority of scots have no problem whatsoever with the english being proud of being english, in fact I believe most find it disturbing that more do not. So why then is Scottish pride such a threatening thing?
But DO the majority of English people have a problem with Scottish pride?

This is why this debate rages forever, because it's completely intangible and there will always be statements made about who's better or worse or who cares more or less.

Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Is there a specific quota of how many times it is apropo to reprise how evil the world can be.?Did you watch the interview with the new Men's Wimbledon Champion when he was asked about the day Robert Hamilton massacred those kids? It is a day clearly ingrained in Murray's memory.
He is a young man who has battled deamons from an early age(those memories and probably the divorce of his parents ) as is his opponent today,coming from the Serbian mountains of former Yugoslavia.
Neither guy on court today comes from a cushy background,although young, they have been exposed to gritty times in life unlike many of their contemporary sportsmen peers,particularly in the field of soccer...
Both are exemplary role models for young people.
I don't think Murray would ever deny being a part or being affected by the horrors of Dunblane,I can't quite understand why you are offended by my reference to this.
And sorry,what you did that day really has no impact on the survivors.
What Murray did today and his association with Dunblane will for sure.
X
it was maybe Roberts brother Thomas who committed the act at Dunblane
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commander
it was maybe Roberts brother Thomas who committed the act at Dunblane
There he is. I knew you wouldn't avoid this one for long
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:27 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

There he is. I knew you wouldn't avoid this one for long
i'm not getting into this at all. Salmond is a prick, but I don't get what all the fuss is about. This was a great British sporting moment, achieved by a Scotsman, who the last time I checked is British.

Very proud that a Scotsman and Brit won Wimbledon.

Salmond is still a prick regardless.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:39 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

But DO the majority of English people have a problem with Scottish pride?
I think everyone should be proud to be English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh but equally proud to be British.

I would be very disappointed if any of my Scots mates didn't turn up wearing any of Englands opponents shirts whilst watching a football match, its all just banter and at the end of the day they all admit they do it for the fun and secretly want England to do well. Vice versa for me.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I think everyone should be proud to be English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh but equally proud to be British.
Why? (As in proud to be any of those.)
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like Salmond, he’s probably the finest UK politician of the last 10-15 years, and if he hadn’t been a nationalist and had been a Labour MP he’d almost certainly have been in with a very strong shout of being PM.

As the flag furore, is quite frankly ludicrous that someone who is there in the capacity of First Minister of Scotland, to support a player from Scotland, should be criticised for waving a Scottish flag.

Genuine question if it had been a Welsh politician, a Welsh flag and an Welsh player would this have been such an issue?

To get back on topic momentarily, marvellous win for Murray, which I hope helps silence his haters. I find it strange a sportsman can be great at his sport, but disliked because of his perceived lack of personality. An indictment on modern UK society that ‘personality’ is more highly valued than talent…
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why? (As in proud to be any of those.)
Quite right - accident of birth etc etc,

Its important to some people to be nationalistic, I don't really get it.

Andy is both Scottish and British. He would still be Scottish and British if he had lost.

Alex Salmond wants an independant Scotland, he doesnt feel British, he feels Scottish, so he waved a Saltire. It says nothing about Murray, or his own affiliations or prescribes how anyone else should feel. I say let whoever wave whatever flag they like, its just a bit of cloth with some colours on it.

If i had been there I wouldn't have had a flag because its tacky.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 11:25 am
banned

Originally Posted by Theseus

If i had been there I wouldn't have had a flag because its tacky.
Id have been wearing the "see you jimmy" tartan hat.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Much less tacky!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

I wore one of them when Strachan took us to the FA Cup Final.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.