Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Why I'd rather die than visit Dubai

Why I'd rather die than visit Dubai

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:55 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why I'd rather die than visit Dubai

[QUOTE=Confucius;7029747]No he isn't...He's got culture coming out of his sweet ass...

So get him some penicillin
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:56 am
W10

Not ALL women..........

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Not ALL women..........
Don't tell me...She's no more???
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:04 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Ne, ne

but for a man of science...you must be prefer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qDckvkzNn6I
..haven't seen that clip...which movie ?

..actually, the young boys gleaning the rocks reminded me of me and my brother when we were about 5 and 10 years old...collecting buckies (periwinkles) off the beach rocks at North Berwick...while our parents drank in the local seaside pub in the warmth.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:08 am
W10

Originally Posted by Confucius
Don't tell me...She's no more???
No no...I mean in a previous life

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I see...Well, you are changing and evolving...It's all good...
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:15 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
..haven't seen that clip...which movie ?

..actually, the young boys gleaning the rocks reminded me of me and my brother when we were about 5 and 10 years old...collecting buckies (periwinkles) off the beach rocks at North Berwick...while our parents drank in the local seaside pub in the warmth.
North Berwick?? thought you were west coat tail o the Bank?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:18 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
W10..Sorry 'bout your shit............
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:35 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
North Berwick?? thought you were west coat tail o the Bank?
..naw...always went holidays to North Berwick or Dunbar...we were poor council house background...used to live in shoebox in middle o' road !

Though in form 5 we all went doon the water and passed across the tail o' the bank anchorage to Dunoon...though it rained all the time...the east coast was always sunnier and drier (rainshadow).
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:43 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

..naw...always went holidays to North Berwick or Dunbar...we were poor council house background...used to live in shoebox in middle o' road !

Though in form 5 we all went doon the water and passed across the tail o' the bank anchorage to Dunoon...though it rained all the time...the east coast was always sunnier and drier (rainshadow).
Haaaaaahaaaah

Well it don't rain much over Greece
North Berwick Links was first encounter with golf ...hit ball etc...
So Stirling was a fait accomplai then?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:59 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Eva
Haaaaaahaaaah

Well it don't rain much over Greece
North Berwick Links was first encounter with golf ...hit ball etc...
So Stirling was a fait accomplai then?
...again being from a poor background and living in Polmont near Falkirk (Stirlingshire)...local pupils in Stirlingshire got a preferential treatment and entry to Stirling University with a Scottish grant ! So right place at the right time ! Though not a fait accompli...just a waypoint in the twisting road of life.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:04 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...again being from a poor background and living in Polmont near Falkirk (Stirlingshire)...local pupils in Stirlingshire got a preferential treatment and entry to Stirling University with a Scottish grant ! So right place at the right time ! Though not a fait accompli...just a waypoint in the twisting road of life.
Oh stop moaning..Your Dad might have been a P.O or Social Worker..
He worked to open the doors you are walkin thru now.........
Just make sure my room has crisp cotton sheets...o.k?

p.s He'd be well proud cos you'r a really clever boffin
x
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:19 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Eva
Oh stop moaning..Your Dad might have been a P.O or Social Worker..
He worked to open the doors you are walkin thru now.........

p.s He'd be well proud cos you'r a really clever boffin
x
Oh not moaning..I just appreciate universal free education system in Scotland.

My dad was proud...but more so for the family name...as I discovered a new and beautiful genus and species of tropical fish in PNG (Kiunga ballochi), which was named after me. The fish was lost to science..but was rediscovered:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/inde...d=19&Itemid=41

So my 15 minutes of fame (family name) will live on for an eternity...well until our sun expands, incinerate our planet and life and our civilisation perishes ( a bit like the star of Bethlehem in the short story (The Star) by Arthur C. Clarke)
Attached Thumbnails Why I'd rather die than visit Dubai-kiunga_ballochi.jpg  
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:21 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh not moaning..I just appreciate universal free education system in Scotland.

My dad was proud...but more so for the family name...as I discovered a new and beautiful genus and species of tropical fish in PNG (Kiunga ballochi), which was named after me. The fish was lost to science..but was rediscovered:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/inde...d=19&Itemid=41

So my 15 minutes of fame (family name) will live on for an eternity...well until our sun expands, incinerate our planet and life and our civilisation perishes ( a bit like the star of Bethlehem in the short story (The Star) by Arthur C. Clarke)

Have I told you lately I love you?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:23 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Eva
..agree crisp cotton sheets is best in Greece..though I have often wondered if silk sheets would stick if one is sweaty?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.