British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   'Why do some people hate Jews?' - GCSE question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/why-do-some-people-hate-jews-gcse-question-759690/)

jackthehat Jun 2nd 2012 6:05 am

Re: 'Why do some people hate Jews?' - GCSE question

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 10084607)
You on spelling:rofl:

Muslim? - Schmuzlim? Spelling? - Schpelling!

Muzzeltopf!

jackthehat Jun 2nd 2012 6:16 am

The same can be said regarding the fundamentals of any religion. I found this rather interesting snippet on the Internet a few days ago . . .

Ahhh Christianity - The belief that a 'Cosmic Jewish Zombie' (who was his own father), can make you live forever, provided that you drink his blood and eat his flesh (Symbolically). Not forgetting, Telepathic Communication with him; believing that he is your master, in order that he can remove the sin that is in all of us! – 6,500 Years ago when the world (apparently) began, a woman was convinced (by a talking snake), to eat fruit from a magic tree! – Does this seem plausible enough?

(Someone had posted underneath)

Mmmmm and that is just one version! – What about the Jewish Zombie's Mother?

Norm_uk Jun 3rd 2012 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10092151)
Where were you at the last meet up?

In Abu Dhabi where I reside and work. The last Dubai meet up I went to was about 8 years ago when I lived in Dubai...wasn't bad but ended up in Fibbers.

N.

Norm_uk Jun 3rd 2012 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10092153)
How accepting are you of other peoples' beliefs Norm? Just a question... :)

The truth is most religious are largely the same, rather than celebrating the commonalities we all focus on the differences. Shame.

Anyway, the answer to the original question is 'because they killed Jesus'. A 15 year old should be able to answer that - I don't even see it as an inflammatory question.

Private beliefs are of no concern to me - I will accommodate people who are decent and kind if they have peculiar beliefs to cater for.

But in this case I'm talking about a belief system that was copied, changed and then the original adherents were basically slaughtered, persecuted and treated with extreme prejudice by the peoples who copied their belief. Judaism has no requirement for non-Jews to convert...why does the original Abrahamic faith not seek converts to control yet the two that followed do - and base most of their belief around converting the entire planet?

N.

Norm_uk Jun 3rd 2012 7:16 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10092163)
Muslims hate Jews because the Jews killed Jesus?

No they hate them because they never recognised Mohammad as a prophet...because the Jews have their own religion that requires no one else to convert and doesn't recognise non-Jewish prophets. That's their business and I fail to see why people need to hijack an ancient Semitic tribal monotheism and get the approval of the original adherents.

N.

jackthehat Jun 3rd 2012 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10097401)
No they hate them because they never recognised Mohammad as a prophet...because the Jews have their own religion that requires no one else to convert and doesn't recognise non-Jewish prophets. That's their business and I fail to see why people need to hijack an ancient Semitic tribal monotheism and get the approval of the original adherents.

N.

If I bought a Toy Teddy Bear for Dhs 10/- Called it 'Mohammad' and sold it for Dhs 20/- would I have made a Prophet?

Patsy Stoned Jun 3rd 2012 8:12 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10097424)
If I bought a Toy Teddy Bear for Dhs 10/- Called it 'Mohammad' and sold it for Dhs 20/- would I have made a Prophet?

a teacher was arrested for calling a teddy Mohammad....be careful :)

http://news.sky.com/home/article/1294365

commander Jun 3rd 2012 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10097451)
a teacher was fired for calling a teddy Mohammad....be careful.

and jailed....

Patsy Stoned Jun 3rd 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10097456)
and jailed....

I changed it as you posted :-)

commander Jun 3rd 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10097457)
I changed it as you posted :-)

you gotta be quick Patsy baby

jackthehat Jun 3rd 2012 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10097451)
a teacher was arrested for calling a teddy Mohammad....be careful :)

http://news.sky.com/home/article/1294365

Teachers? - Schmeachers! - That is where the quotation came from!

jackthehat Jun 3rd 2012 8:19 am

No doubt we shall be on to Denmark and the Cartoons? - Banning of Lurpak and Immodium in the UAE!

if you cannot laugh at yourself - Do not take a 'Pop' at anyone else! - The same applies to Religion! - it is all 'Fair Game!'