Who's at Fault?

Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's at Fault?

I just ducked into the little Indian Supermarket at an apartment complex near home for some milk and bananas for breakfast. Theres a row of angle parking at the front. I'm parked there, come out and get in my 4WD (don't see a small sedan double parked behind me). I get in, put my stuff down, start my car, put in in reverse, check mirrors, can't see anything, check no oncoming traffic, reverse back less than a foot and my car hits something. It's a philipina lady that looks like a man double parked behind me waiting for someone to come out of the building. No damage to my car, her passenger side front door has a dent from my towbar attachment. I say I'll call the police and she says not to worry about it as she's insured (after some guy comes up to her and advises her not to involve police). I took her number plate down just in case, but whose in the wrong here, me for reversing into her, or her for double parking? Anyone know? Do I expect to be dragged out of here in handcuffs any minute?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's at Fault?

Originally Posted by Kim67
I just ducked into the little Indian Supermarket at an apartment complex near home for some milk and bananas for breakfast. Theres a row of angle parking at the front. I'm parked there, come out and get in my 4WD (don't see a small sedan double parked behind me). I get in, put my stuff down, start my car, put in in reverse, check mirrors, can't see anything, check no oncoming traffic, reverse back less than a foot and my car hits something. It's a philipina lady that looks like a man double parked behind me waiting for someone to come out of the building. No damage to my car, her passenger side front door has a dent from my towbar attachment. I say I'll call the police and she says not to worry about it as she's insured (after some guy comes up to her and advises her not to involve police). I took her number plate down just in case, but whose in the wrong here, me for reversing into her, or her for double parking? Anyone know? Do I expect to be dragged out of here in handcuffs any minute?
I would say you were for not seeing her but then she was double parked, I bet you anything she isn't insured hence not involving the Police.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I would say you were for not seeing her but then she was double parked, I bet you anything she isn't insured hence not involving the Police.
Good, no damage to my car and I don't need the hassle of going to the police station when I only have two days left before the removalists come in.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Good, no damage to my car and I don't need the hassle of going to the police station when I only have two days left before the removalists come in.
I would just keep the registration details just incase they try to blackmail you but if they do just ring the Police
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I reversed into someone once at the petrol station...wanted to change pumps as one was moving faster and hadn't seen that there was a car behind me...my fault...
not sure as this is a bit of double parking, but since you drove into her, I am guessing it's still your fault...
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, I would guess the person reversing is at fault. But I thought maybe that fact that she wasn't supposed to be parked there and I couldn't see her from any of my mirrors or from looking behind that I might be able to get away with it. Anyway, hopefully nothing more will come of it.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

no the law is that its your fault, you reversed, even when you started they were not there and then they moved in behind to get your spot or whatever, the police still regard you at fault because you were reversing
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In Australia now all new 4WD's and SUV's have to be fitted with a reverse camera, they're so good, wish the tank I drive here had one.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

In Australia now all new 4WD's and SUV's have to be fitted with a reverse camera, they're so good, wish the tank I drive here had one.
Volvos have warning beepers telling you that something is behind you. My boss has one and swears by it.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Volvos have warning beepers telling you that something is behind you. My boss has one and swears by it.
Yeah, most cars I've had in Australia have reverse sensors. They're great, but it takes a while to adjust back if you get a car that doesn't have them. The last car I had back home had a reverse camera. But I've gone without incident for over a year in my current ancient tank until this morning.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:11 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

My car (Jaguar) has parking sensors front and rear and they really are a god send that has saved me a couple of times.

If you have an older car or one that does not have them as standard there are a number of dealers down near the Shindagha Tunnel that will supply and fit for a very reasonable cost (I was told around AED300-500).
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TheShed
My car (Jaguar) has parking sensors front and rear and they really are a god send that has saved me a couple of times.

If you have an older car or one that does not have them as standard there are a number of dealers down near the Shindagha Tunnel that will supply and fit for a very reasonable cost (I was told around AED300-500).
Thanks, my car's an old 4WD belonging to my husband's business partner, it's been used as an adventure vehicle and all sorts so it's on it's last legs, so don't want to spend anything on it. I'm only here for another year so the owner has just said drive it until it dies. I think the sedan my husband drives (also a company car) has reverse sensors, but I never drive it because I hate putting the kids in a sedan here.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:29 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
we have a Volvo too, nice car, Roadking has got two as well
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:39 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we have a Volvo too, nice car, Roadking has got two as well
Yep, just picked up my new C70 hard top convertible. With parking sensors of course. Had the top down yesterday and it was cooool!

Surprised I wasn't blamed for your accident, Kim, I get blamed for everything!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yep, just picked up my new C70 hard top convertible. With parking sensors of course. Had the top down yesterday and it was cooool!

Surprised I wasn't blamed for your accident, Kim, I get blamed for everything!
Well next time I'm in trouble, I'll know where to point the finger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.