Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who is responsible.....

Who is responsible.....

Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough
Default Who is responsible.....

A call to the DEAN and others more senior in this forum....

As I approach the renewal of the tenancy for my villa (ABD) I am thinking who are the person(s) responsible for cementing this arrangement in the UAE to pay rent in full for one year which amounts to a deposit for a house or cash that can even get you a ex-council flat in some parts of the UK.

My landlord flatly refuses 6 month agreements and that ill conceived blue form of a tenancy agreement ...will this all change with RERA or is this specifically for strata...:curse:

Wish i could pay as i live without signing the dotted line "If you should leave our employ before the end of the payment year you need to repay pro rata amounts"

I may be up the creek as i have given it all to the landlord...
Welcome to the Land of uncertainties

How do you folks overcome/protect yourself from these pitfalls.
Is their any hope on the horizon to stipulate a more western rental arrangement i.e deposit/rent payments and refund on exit....mmm
Off with their heads!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is responsible.....

Originally Posted by zoukla
A call to the DEAN and others more senior in this forum....

As I approach the renewal of the tenancy for my villa (ABD) I am thinking who are the person(s) responsible for cementing this arrangement in the UAE to pay rent in full for one year which amounts to a deposit for a house or cash that can even get you a ex-council flat in some parts of the UK.

My landlord flatly refuses 6 month agreements and that ill conceived blue form of a tenancy agreement ...will this all change with RERA or is this specifically for strata...:curse:

Wish i could pay as i live without signing the dotted line "If you should leave our employ before the end of the payment year you need to repay pro rata amounts"

I may be up the creek as i have given it all to the landlord...
Welcome to the Land of uncertainties

How do you folks overcome/protect yourself from these pitfalls.
Is their any hope on the horizon to stipulate a more western rental arrangement i.e deposit/rent payments and refund on exit....mmm
Off with their heads!
its just a fact of life here. when we first came here it was like only 50k so we werent talking 40kgbp or whatever. in dxb because the housing market has always been better, there is more housing stock and when they opened it up to the expats then deals could be done, in the likes of abu dhabi emirate the landlords dictate the way it works, obviously it will change with the likes of al reef and al raha and al reem etc but that will take time. i dont know about al ain with regard to how much rental stock there is, but it has always been much cheaper than abu dhabi but if the landlord doesnt want to play ball then all you can do is talk with your feet!