Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:06 am
Banned

Little Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Nice timing. Shove more emotion into an emotionally-charged event.
I blame my wife. On the way to the funeral she told me not to mention the money, then at the funeral after I offered all my condolences my "friend" Ed just lingered around us. What do you say to a guy that just lost a daughter? So I told him not to worry about the money now, we'd talk about it later, after Christmas..My wife became infuriated and told him we never have to talk about it ever again and that he doesn't owe me anything..I looked at her, then looked at him and just nodded ok and that was that. I wasn't going to start yelling at her there. The second Ed got outta earshot I told my wife to "stay out of my business"- she just glared, then I told her to forget about that room she wanted to fix up (One of our daughters rooms- she just left to college last week). Then she squeezed my hand and said "don't you have any feelings?" and I told her that "No, I can't afford them". Then my wife said "I feel like i'm talking to an idiot right now".

So the money was gone forever and my wife thinks i'm a jerk- shouldn't it be one or the other..... not both?

I can't win with her

Last edited by Little Boy; Sep 5th 2012 at 4:41 am.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Boy
I blame my wife. On the way to the funeral she told me not to mention the money, then at the funeral after I offered all my condolences my "friend" Ed just lingered around us. What do you say to a guy that just lost a daughter? So I told him not to worry about the money now, we'd talk about it later, after Christmas..My wife became infuriated and told him we never have to talk about it ever again and that he doesn't owe me anything..I looked at her, then looked at him and just nodded ok and that was that. I wasn't going to start yelling at her there. The second Ed got outta earshot I told my wife to "stay out of my business"- she just glared, then I told her to forget about that room she wanted to fix up (One of our daughters rooms- she just left to college last week). Then she squeezed my hand and said "don't you have any feelings?" and I told her that "No, I can't afford them". Then my wife said "I feel like i'm talking to an idiot right now".

So the money was gone forever and my wife thinks i'm a jerk- shouldn't it be one or the other..... not both?

I can't win with her

Yes, yes, yes....... but was the kiss-and-make-up sex any good??
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:40 am
Banned

Little Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yes, yes, yes....... but was the kiss-and-make-up sex any good??
That didn't qualify as a fight.... We had a nice lunch out afterwards and then did a little shopping at her favorite store before heading home.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:14 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Boy
That didn't qualify as a fight.... We had a nice lunch out afterwards and then did a little shopping at her favorite store before heading home.
Have you given up on trying to capture Mata Hari's heart then?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 2:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Skeet/Clay shooting over the weekend...first time shooting a 12 gauge pump action shotgun....kind of fun.

I am a shit shot though :/
Old Sep 5th 2012, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Tonight - I ordered KFC to be delivered to my flat - one of life's junk food pleasures that I have discovered living in Dubai!