British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What's your perfect breakfast? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whats-your-perfect-breakfast-766029/)

Meow Jul 24th 2012 5:07 am

What's your perfect breakfast?

I tend not to eat first thing, especially when working from home, so I am now contemplating what to eat for breakfast. It'll probably be a slice of toast, but I am dreaming of much more exciting things.

What would your perfect breakfast, forgetting calories and practicality, be?

kittycat1 Jul 24th 2012 5:13 am

Re: What's your perfect breakfast?

eggs benedict- mmmm delicious! with some bubbles :-)

TheShed Jul 24th 2012 5:13 am

Perfectly poached eggs on toast when I have time

kittycat1 Jul 24th 2012 5:15 am

shed- I made perfect poached eggs for the first time ever recently after being given a very handy tip- I was so proud!

Oyibopeppeh Jul 24th 2012 5:16 am

Creamy scrambled eggs on toast with crispy back bacon. Best I ever had was at the Cape Grace hotel in Cape Town mmmmmmm :thumbsup:

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 5:22 am

Sausage, bacon, crunchy/soft french baguette, brown sauce, pepper.

TheShed Jul 24th 2012 5:40 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10189364)
shed- I made perfect poached eggs for the first time ever recently after being given a very handy tip- I was so proud!

Wrapped in cling film? Best tip I ever got

Meow Jul 24th 2012 5:42 am

Poached eggs are easy. The only trick is to have decent fresh eggs. Hot water, whisk it do the egg drops in the centre. No need to cling film or vinegar.

The hard part is to get good, really fresh eggs here.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 5:47 am

I use a whizzy mother****er to get the water spinning like a whirlpool. Drop the eggs in. Boom. Done.

shiva Jul 24th 2012 6:07 am

smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast.

or more perfectly wild smoked scottish salmon with fresh free range eggs on fresh granary type bread with lashings of butter so sweet **** all chance of getting that in dubai. i am however back home next week so may have to indulge a lot

Meow Jul 24th 2012 6:30 am

I am having trouble deciding between:

- In an old style US diner - a massive omelette with everything in it and home fries

- A proper bagel (not that fluffy US nonsense, but a dense, chewy slightly sweet one) with cream cheese and lox

- A fry up with bacon, sausage, saute potatoes, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and lots of toast.

- Warm, fresh from the oven croissant au beurre and pain au chocolate and coffee.

Decisions, decisions...

I still haven't eaten yet, but I am drinking my mid morning pint of coffee and craving the viennoiserie :p

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10189424)
I am having trouble deciding between:

- In an old style US diner - a massive omelette with everything in it and home fries

- A proper bagel (not that fluffy US nonsense, but a dense, chewy slightly sweet one) with cream cheese and lox

- A fry up with bacon, sausage, saute potatoes, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and lots of toast.

- Warm, fresh from the oven croissant au beurre and pain au chocolate and coffee.

Decisions, decisions...

I still haven't eaten yet, but I am drinking my mid morning pint of coffee and craving the viennoiserie :p

What about... bacon, sausage, brown sauce, lots of pepper, in between toast with loads of 'buerre'

Meow Jul 24th 2012 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10189429)
What about... bacon, sausage, brown sauce, lots of pepper, in between toast with loads of 'buerre'

Not brown sauce - not a fan. I'd happily eat it with a mix of ketchup and mustard though.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10189433)
Not brown sauce - not a fan. I'd happily eat it with a mix of ketchup and mustard though.

What about ketchup and mayo?

As long as it's Heinz and Colemans I'll let it slide.

kittycat1 Jul 24th 2012 6:36 am

Shed- yes clingfilm- It's has changed my life (ok slight exageration)- any idea if you can do it in a microwave?