Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What's your idea of hell?

What's your idea of hell?

Old Aug 27th 2013, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your idea of hell?

Waking up this morning to discover that the Municipality have dug up my drive and I am now stuck in the house..nobody can drive in or out whilst they pave the roads..I wouldn't mind,but you would think they would tell you that they were going to block your access..Oh...wait a minute..this is Dubai!! Silly me!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Different visions

1. Anywhere you have to work
2. Croydon
3. A Bar full of Celtic Supporters
4. A bar full of rangers fans
5. Dundee
6. Digging the car out of snow on the driveway, whilst it's snowing, so to drive to work
7. Sitting near feral children on a plane
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Waking up this morning to discover that the Municipality have dug up my drive and I am now stuck in the house..nobody can drive in or out whilst they pave the roads..I wouldn't mind,but you would think they would tell you that they were going to block your access..Oh...wait a minute..this is Dubai!! Silly me!
Unbelievable really isn't it. At least you don't have a car.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr......
Attached Thumbnails What's your idea of hell?-1016870_10151823283772577_251541504_n.jpg  
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:21 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Ooops, dunno why but I always thought you were chauffeured around in a drop top pink Roller with the plate F481 (FAB 1).

My mistake.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr......
Just drive it out then..... it is an off roader after all!

*Although JK's aren't really a 'real' Jeep.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the numpties I am having to deal with this week, I'm with Sartre:

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:55 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Winter in the UK is my idea of hell. Never, ever again.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Just drive it out then..... it is an off roader after all!

*Although JK's aren't really a 'real' Jeep.
What is a JK?? Mine is a Jeep Wrangler
There was a 2ft drop from my drive to the road and they had dumped all the bricks at the side so I couldn't get over them!!
Anyway, they have now build a ramp of mud
Attached Thumbnails What's your idea of hell?-1187292_10151512298360904_1707853116_n.jpg  
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:18 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

What is a JK??
Its a call sign to say he is a Wrangler nerd and knows more than us..........

Its a model code and to those in the know identifies what it looks like and production years.

Early ones YJ, TJ etc etc I usually pretend to not understand else they will invariably keep talking to me until I fall asleep or die.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

There was a 2ft drop from my drive to the road and they had dumped all the bricks at the side so I couldn't get over them!!
Speed is your friend in this situation.

JEEP GEEK WARNING

You Wrangler is a JK model (I.e. the new shape). The one before the JK was the TJ and before that the YJ (rectangular headlights) etc etc all the way back to the Willys Jeep.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Its a call sign to say he is a Wrangler nerd and knows more than us..........

Its a model code and to those in the know identifies what it looks like and production years.

Early ones YJ, TJ etc etc I usually pretend to not understand else they will invariably keep talking to me until I fall asleep or die.
Ha ha ha...
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

This is how they have left me!!
Attached Thumbnails What's your idea of hell?-2013-08-27-12.51.39.jpg  
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Speed is your friend in this situation.

JEEP GEEK WARNING

You Wrangler is a JK model (I.e. the new shape). The one before the JK was the TJ and before that the YJ (rectangular headlights) etc etc all the way back to the Willys Jeep.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I would deliberately stay in all day to piss them off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.