What's for dinner...

Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:47 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's for dinner...

Pasta...with bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese and a salad on the side...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's for dinner...

Originally Posted by MataHari
Pasta...with bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese and a salad on the side...
Ruby murray
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:00 pm
Family Guy

Barrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really nice

MataHari Do you heat the bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese to make a sauce, then add to the pasta?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barrie
MataHari Do you heat the bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese to make a sauce, then add to the pasta?
I first fry the bacon and put it on kitchenroll to get rid of the excess fat, and then I use a little bit of the greasy to fry the onions, garlic and then add the mushrooms...after a little while I add the Boursin and the cheese. In the meantime, the pasta has cooked, I add that and at the last moment I add the crumbled bacon over it...if you do that earlier it gets soggy and I like it to be crispy...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:12 pm
Family Guy

Barrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really nice

I first fry the bacon and put it on kitchenroll to get rid of the excess fat, and then I use a little bit of the greasy to fry the onions, garlic and then add the mushrooms...after a little while I add the Boursin and the cheese. In the meantime, the pasta has cooked, I add that and at the last moment I add the crumbled bacon over it...if you do that earlier it gets soggy and I like it to be crispy...
Sounds excellent. Think I will give it a try.

Cheers.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

omg MH, what's up doll...??

MM, xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:21 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
omg MH, what's up doll...??

MM, xx
you reckon it's not my kind of thing...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

you reckon it's not my kind of thing...
well i didn't til now, for sure...

MM, xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

This is what we're having - the cook's day off today, so:

Husband: Made Pasta (for the youngest); Green Lentils; Pulao

Daughter 1: Made some yummy potato curry (self taught!)

Me: Just had dinner! Now feeding the younger one.

Me in the afternoon: Made lunch (actually warmed up what my cook made yesterday, but made fresh rotis and naans)

Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:33 pm
Family Guy

Is it common for expats to have cooks and maids in Dubai?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

talking of food, i went to the new Frankie Dettori/Marco Pierre White restaurant for lunch today...it's really good...

MM, xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

maids are pretty common, and i know some people get them to do the cooking...but not aware of any people who have a separate coook...oh apart from IG it seems, lol...

MM, xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Depends, in my case since I am in office from 8-5, I prefer to have a maid and a cook. When I return home, I like to spend time with the kids and relax, not cook and clean.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

I do it all myself...which will come as no surprise...
(well, I do have a cleaner type person that does things with buckets of water 3 times a week...)
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

I do it all myself...which will come as no surprise...
(well, I do have a cleaner type person that does things with buckets of water 3 times a week...)
Frankly, if I had a choice I'd prefer to do the cleaning myself (think I'd do a much better job than the maids I've had so far!!). The main reason for having them is to babysit my kids for a couple of hours until I return from work....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.