Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all
Default Re: What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

sang on stage with police and sting signed my chest when i was 17
worked with yasmin parvanaugh(now labon)her mum is even prettier then she is ........
my x dh cousin was in hair cut 100 ...they came to my wedding......
met most of the royals .....
mother terasa blessed my eldest son ...
Mr Bean(rowan atkinson)use to buy his sunday papers of my son in oxford (gave my younger son a bean teddy)
just a few ....
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Kissed Lemar
Called Charlotte Church a bitch
and was asked by Westlife if I would make them some scrambled eggs...i said no by the way.cheeky bastards.
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lobby lou
sang on stage with police and sting signed my chest when i was 17
worked with yasmin parvanaugh(now labon)her mum is even prettier then she is ........
my x dh cousin was in hair cut 100 ...they came to my wedding......
met most of the royals .....
mother terasa blessed my eldest son ...
Mr Bean(rowan atkinson)use to buy his sunday papers of my son in oxford (gave my younger son a bean teddy)
just a few ....
erm, looks like we have a winner!
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Kissed Lemar
Called Charlotte Church a bitch
and was asked by Westlife if I would make them some scrambled eggs...i said no by the way.cheeky bastards.
why the hell did they ask you that?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
why the hell did they ask you that?
I worked at a radio station.They came in for an interview.Right assholes,all of them.I went in to ask them if they needed anything and they asked me if I would make them some scrambled eggs!...yeah,right.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

I worked at a radio station.They came in for an interview.Right assholes,all of them.I went in to ask them if they needed anything and they asked me if I would make them some scrambled eggs!...yeah,right.
You worked? Really?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You worked? Really?
I tried really hard not to.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

I tried really hard not to.
So I see!

'Want anything lads',

'yes',

'erm, no only kidding, **** off the lot of you's'
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So I see!

'Want anything lads',

'yes',

'erm, no only kidding, **** off the lot of you's'
if they had been nice and polite I probably would have..but they were rude assholes!...make your own f@cking eggs!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:31 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Odie picking up a CD I dropped in HMV's Oxford Street store...

My mum said Freddie Mercury helped her get me and my baby sis off a plane in the early 80s but I have no memory of that.

I was in gulf news standing behind Norman Wisdom when he visited for the first expat show a few years ago in Emirates Towers.

Other than that I think only my drinking and occasional success with the opposite sex makes me a person of renown...

N.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Peter Andre 'loved' my hat at the DWC many years ago, sat at the next table to Rod Stewart and his wife and kids at the DWC desert BBQ one year, sat across the aisle from Gary Rhodes on a plane once, Alex Fergason (sp) said 'hiya, how you doing' to me outside JBH a few years ago.

N
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:11 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
loads, i was destined to be famous....

Peter O Toole is from my little village..... Oliver Read and him used to go on massive benders in the village
Just reading a book called Hellraisers - about Peter O'Toole, Oliver Reed, Richard Burton and Richard Harris. Their drinking sessions are legendary, well worth a read.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:37 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

I dated the sister of a bloke in a famous UK pop group.

Lived across the road from Anthony Daly who is famous in Ireland (nice bloke actually).

...and more!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting comments...........

........... but does that make me the only one around here to have actually shagged someone famous??

(Correction - she wasn't famous then - but she was within a year of.... er.... dumping me)
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
You know, a really bizarre link / tenuous link....the looser the better !

For example, I went to a pub about 3 years ago for Sunday dinner with the then Missus

I went to the toilet, washed my hands after but as the dryer wasnt working came through the door on the way out shaking my hands dry in front of me, only to literally bump into the Page 3 slapper Jody Marsh coming out of the Ladies....it looked as if I was trying to grope her !!!
My dad was a footballer back in the day, so I got to hang out with the England 1966 football team. He was also friends with the late, great and charming George Best who used to come to Dubai with the late Bobby Moore some years ago.

George often used to disappear and we'd find him having a 'kick-around' with the local kids in the street. I also met the Pele who is charming. When I met Muhammed Ali he was in the early stage of Parkinsons so wasn't as sharp as he had been. I met Frankie Dettori in the gym at the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi.

I met Wilfred Thesiger in Abu Dhabi when his books were being published by Motivate.

Manfred Man was our neighbour when I was a kid and lived in London and my friend's Dad was an actor. Alfie Bass used to go to the same restaurant as my grandparents who lived in Elstree near the film studios.

They used to have Intercon playhouses in Dubai and I met Geoffrey Palmer and Derek Nimmo, and I also met Bob Geldof when he came over for the film festival a couple of years ago.

I met Sheikh Mohammed in the lift in Emirates Towers and he was very friendly and chatty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.