Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What is your menu like during a typical week?

What is your menu like during a typical week?

Old May 7th 2018, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is your menu like during a typical week?

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I don't do takeaways either. For me lunches are yogurts (plain), lunches during the work week is steamed broccoli and a carrot and lentil dish I make on Saturdays and portion out and I now add a diced egg to it. Weeknight dinners, if I remember to eat, is just a salad, bit of oil and vinegar and diced eggs. I recently increased to two diced eggs as I want to increase the protein intake.

Do eat out on weekends. It varies. Saturday nights I usually have a cracking good burger and chips made by my hotel bar, it's surprisingly right on the money. I'm not trying to save money on cooking more (to the contrary I don't think it's possible for me to spend even less on food) but I'm working out more and the workout is becoming more intense, which implies I need to increase the food intake. And therein lies the problem.

Reddiva and Shed's menus do have me salivating but they're very meat oriented and I don't necessarily want to increase the meat intake (I'm meat free Sunday-Thursday). But we'll see how that works out as I can feel the body starting to crave more meat.
These are meat free and you can batch cook. Having a food processor helps cut down on chopping veg and i hate chopping onions

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...d-lentil-soup/ You can take out the bacon and add more chillis depending on your taste. This freezes well and is filling.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...veggie-chilli/ The peanut butter and cocoa powder give it a lovely smoky taste. This is also meat free and freezes well
Old May 7th 2018, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, guess it did sound like it. But nah, she was awesome and genuinely hope she gets happiness and things work out well for her.

Need to get a health check completed soon. Hopefully I won't have to change my routine
Old May 7th 2018, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taz786
lol, guess it did sound like it. But nah, she was awesome and genuinely hope she gets happiness and things work out well for her.
(
Good positive outlook, well done.

You can't just trade her in for a cook anyway - man also needs a cleaner.
Old May 7th 2018, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Breakfast - usually black coffee and 5 cigs
You're my spirit animal.

Generally:
Brekkie - nothing, just coffee and water in the office.
Lunch (12ish) - sandwich, small pasta pot and a bag of crisps.
Dinner - recently, mostly takeaways but going to get back to cooking which is normally along the lines of: lasagna / bolognese / steak and veg / stuffed chicken breast and veg / steak or chicken salad / pork chops and veg / simple curry / stir fry / something from a cookery book.
Old May 7th 2018, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Breakfast-2 cups black coffee and a few cigarettes
Lunch- nothing
Evening- currently watercress, tomato and salty crackers
Whisky & coke while watching films in evening
Old May 7th 2018, 3:40 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Breakfast-2 cups black coffee and a few cigarettes
Lunch- nothing
Evening- currently watercress, tomato and salty crackers
Whisky & coke while watching films in evening
Mama Mia!
Old May 8th 2018, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

No red meat during the week

Everything batch cooked and prepped

Calorie specific macros to training plans

Slack off Friday / Saturday

Tip to kill drab food is the fat-vinegar-herb combo- use it well and you'll transform grains and other boring shite that's good for you
Old May 8th 2018, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Haha some people are just showing off.

Breakfast - Granola with yoghurt, topped with fruit (usually banana, blueberries)
Lunch - Either a prawn biriyani from the Indian place across the road, chicken quesadilla wrap from the canteen or lamb kofte wrap/makanek wrap from downstairs
Dinner - mixture of delivery, eating out or if I do cook... (thai curry, easy - chicken, sweetcorn, red/green curry paste and coconut milk. If I'm feeling arabic, lamb meatballs with harissa couscous, pine nuts and fresh salad)
Old May 9th 2018, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Weekdays

Healthy phase

Brekkie - Water, fruit
Lunch - Some kind of sandwhich
Dinner - Scallops followed by marinated sea bass / sea breem / tiger prawns and rocket salad

Non - healthy phase

Brekkie - Water and a small plain chocky bar, possibly a packet of crisps
Lunch - Subway or an Elevation burger, fries and a Coke (zero)
Dinner - Take away (Curry and chips, Doner and chips or possibly a pizza)

Weekend

Either phase

Brekkie - Nothing
Lunch - Takeaway + 10 pints
Dinner - Nothing