What are you reading?

Old May 19th 2013, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you reading?

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I have replaced 'shit' reading with the mobile these days. I always had a Jeremy Clarkson book next to the toilet years ago.
Yeh, true. That is what BBM is for.
Old May 19th 2013, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I have replaced 'shit' reading with the mobile these days. I always had a Jeremy Clarkson book next to the toilet years ago.
Well at least you had a ready supply of shit sheets to hand, as it were...
Old May 19th 2013, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a book on the history of modern art next to the loo.
Old May 19th 2013, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

O.K , I have a stack of books in the 'to read' pile.

Dark tourist: Dom Joly
Experience : Martin Amis
Hello, Dubai : Joe Bennett
Edge Of
Darkness : Troy Kennedy Martin
A Man In Full : Tom Wolfe

Will keep me out of mischief for a few days...
Old May 19th 2013, 2:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
O.K , I have a stack of books in the 'to read' pile.

Dark tourist: Dom Joly
Experience : Martin Amis
Hello, Dubai : Joe Bennett
Edge Of
Darkness : Troy Kennedy Martin
A Man In Full : Tom Wolfe

Will keep me out of mischief for a few days...

I read that Hello Dubai book a few weeks ago. Not bad. Some poetic licence, but he does get a fair bit right.
Old May 19th 2013, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
I read that Hello Dubai book a few weeks ago. Not bad. Some poetic licence, but he does get a fair bit right.
From what I've glimpsed, he seems to understand Barracuda...
Old May 19th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

When it comes to reading I'll read anything and everything - from being a lover of trashy tabloids including the good old 'Scottish Sun' to the broadsheets and really, anything that takes my fancy - actually Weasel De Central I need to get a copy of your book!
Loved Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts - bit of a tome but a page turner from beginning to end and would highly recommend it to anybody who has not read it.
For light reading and the 'weep' factor - Me Before You by Jo Jo Moyes - it was tears and runny nose all round for me after that.
For fascinating reading - Hotel K by Kathryn Bonella
Reading Steve Jobs The Man Who Thought Different Just Now - boy what a man he was!

Last edited by silversilver; May 19th 2013 at 7:46 pm.
Old May 19th 2013, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Some factual Middle East/Arab history books.............

Eugene Rogan's 'The Arabs: A History' is good, plus anything by Prof Bernard Lewis.......
Old May 20th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

They may be all the same, but the first, Wilt, still makes me laugh out loud.
Dunno if you've seen it, but the film, with Griff Rhys Jones and Mel Smith is one of the few few ' films from books' that is true to the book.
I assumed he was talking about Bernard Cornwell, but the point stands for Tom Sharpe. In neither case are they any the worse for it, ain't broke, don't fix.
Old May 20th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I find reading an utter waste of time.
Old May 20th 2013, 6:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

They may be all the same, but the first, Wilt, still makes me laugh out loud.
Dunno if you've seen it, but the film, with Griff Rhys Jones and Mel Smith is one of the few few ' films from books' that is true to the book.
Is he still going? Last time I read one of his must be more than 10 years ago.
Old May 20th 2013, 6:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have never, ever read while on the toilet. I just don't get it.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I have never, ever read while on the toilet. I just don't get it.
not even emails on the blackberry?
Old May 20th 2013, 8:03 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Millhouse
not even emails on the blackberry?
No.
Old May 20th 2013, 8:11 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a text on the khazi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.