Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What will you be eating for Christmas?

What will you be eating for Christmas?

Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will you be eating for Christmas?

Did you mean wild rabbit and prune faggots or wild rabbit with prune faggots? You know what I mean. Please describe this dish in a little more detail.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:54 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Did you mean wild rabbit and prune faggots or wild rabbit with prune faggots? You know what I mean. Please describe this dish in a little more detail.
The dish in mind does not involve faggots in any way, be they manufactured by Brains or some other foodstuff purveyor.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:55 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Ignorance is bliss. Rosemary's Baby put me off for life.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Ignorance is bliss. Rosemary's Baby put me off for life.
I suspect the quote in the sig is Dean Martin not Frank

(edit) Hey, I may have my sources mixed up ... I need to go to bed

Last edited by DeadVim; Dec 13th 2010 at 1:07 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Mmmm....hmmm....mmmm I love fruit cakes of all types. Finding a good fruit cake, any kind of fruity cake, when I lived in the US was a near-impossible mission.

Errr, perhaps you didn't search hard enough. A friend just sent me one from the states that's to die for! I've never in my life tasted a fruitcake so good!!

http://www.southernsupreme.com/
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

No. You can get the traditional fruit cake easily enough though most are awful. Fruity cakes is what I have in mind. With actual fruits in it. The closest I normally find are the upside down apple/pear cakes, but I've rarely found something similar to a fruity tea cake.

Originally Posted by DesertOcean
Errr, perhaps you didn't search hard enough. A friend just sent me one from the states that's to die for! I've never in my life tasted a fruitcake so good!!

http://www.southernsupreme.com/
Old Dec 13th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

We will celebrate christmas eve with:
mulled wine with rum raisins and almonds and ginger bread cookies
in the afternoon
than walk on the beach to get a bit sober again
starter
shrimp cocktail and something sparkly
than a snaps
main course
roast pork with rind
roast duck with stuffing
both roasted on the BBQ, which requires more mulled wine, cause it's cold outside at the BBQ
potatoes and caramelized potatoes
red cabbage
brussels sprouts
gravy
some pickles
pinot noir, red elbling or jingle ale
and of course a snaps
dessert
creamed almond rice pudding with hot cherry sauce
portwine
and a snaps
if able to walk, another walk on the beach to freshen up
which requires a bit more mulled wine, cause it's cold on the beach

Breakfast on the 25th
aspirin, strong coffee, curry herring

I love christmas!!!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
We will celebrate christmas eve with:
mulled wine with rum raisins and almonds and ginger bread cookies
in the afternoon
than walk on the beach to get a bit sober again
starter
shrimp cocktail and something sparkly
than a snaps
main course
roast pork with rind
roast duck with stuffing
both roasted on the BBQ, which requires more mulled wine, cause it's cold outside at the BBQ
potatoes and caramelized potatoes
red cabbage
brussels sprouts
gravy
some pickles
pinot noir, red elbling or jingle ale
and of course a snaps
dessert
creamed almond rice pudding with hot cherry sauce
portwine
and a snaps
if able to walk, another walk on the beach to freshen up
which requires a bit more mulled wine, cause it's cold on the beach

Breakfast on the 25th
aspirin, strong coffee, curry herring

I love christmas!!!
Sounds like my sort of breakfast. Do you have a recipe?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Sounds like my sort of breakfast. Do you have a recipe?
yes,
easiest recipe: buy the ones from Ikea
the homemade one is this:
500 g. marinated herring filets
4 hardboiled eggs
4 shallots

Currysauce:
200 g. mayonaise
1 dl. whipping cream
2 tsp. curry
turmeric
a bit lemon juice
salt
pepper

It is really quite simple, very tasteful and good to kill any hangover.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:13 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Dilmun
yes,
easiest recipe: buy the ones from Ikea
the homemade one is this:
500 g. marinated herring filets
4 hardboiled eggs
4 shallots

Currysauce:
200 g. mayonaise
1 dl. whipping cream
2 tsp. curry
turmeric
a bit lemon juice
salt
pepper

It is really quite simple, very tasteful and good to kill any hangover.
TaThat serves 1, does it?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

it serves 8 in my family

but of course, we put dark rye bread underneath, that explains it!