Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What should a man pay for in a marriage

What should a man pay for in a marriage

Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What should a man pay for in a marriage

my DH pays for everything because I don't work, well I am not working at the minute so not bringing in anything at all, when I do I am more than happy to share it with him. I normally use anything I earn as luxury money, to replace old stuff etc.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'm not as practical or easy to live with in many regards . A man should be a good provider anyway, in many regards the upkeep of a relationship tends to fall on women once the initial courting is over and men tend to move towards a material contribution.

There is no silver bullet for issues of the bank account.

I guess from a personal perspective I've always just hoped that the person who I fell in love with would have similar financial goals to me and the ability to sit down to talk about a situation calmly (although the latter may require me to marry a man ).

Whats on your mind then Squirty?
This whole thing is really important - money can be the cause of a lot of strife and I want to advise my offspring of what they could expect within partnerships (when the time comes). My own experience is not helpful to them at all.

There's just been a lot of stuff going on and it's making me question all sorts of things. I'm concerned that I may not have the best answers, or be the best example , or be able to point them in the right direction - so I'm trying to remedy that.

Last edited by Squirty Cream; Dec 21st 2008 at 4:50 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:55 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
This whole thing is really important - money can be the cause of a lot of strife and I want to advise my offspring of what they could expect within partnerships (when the time comes). My own experience is not helpful to them at all.

There's just been a lot of stuff going on and it's making me question all sorts of things. I'm concerned that I may not have the best answers, or be the best example , or be able to point them in the right direction - so I'm trying to remedy that.
SC, sometimes we only learn through mistakes, so your own experiences are probably very valid.

If I had life to live over, jeez, where to start. No joint bank accounts, no joint ownership of assets and definitely ALL debts in joint names. but I could have a slightly skewed view of things.

Now, everything is great. With all joint savings and bank accounts, sad really; just goes to prove we don't learn.

Did I mention I was BEME Man of the Year?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:59 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll be fine pet, and anyway, if your girls meet someone nice who they fall in love with, and that lad feels the same way then who gives a flying **** about money?

You'd be better advicing them on relationships rather than worrying about money for gods sake.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
SC, sometimes we only learn through mistakes, so your own experiences are probably very valid.

If I had life to live over, jeez, where to start. No joint bank accounts, no joint ownership of assets and definitely ALL debts in joint names. but I could have a slightly skewed view of things.

Now, everything is great. With all joint savings and bank accounts, sad really; just goes to prove we don't learn.

Did I mention I was BEME Man of the Year?
Thanks for your encouraging words.

CONGRATULATIONS - that's just fantastic - you really are BEME Man of the Year and I want your autographed photo. Will your Mum put an announcement in the local press back in your hometown?

When do we all get to celebrate?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm sure you'll be fine pet, and anyway, if your girls meet someone nice who they fall in love with, and that lad feels the same way then who gives a flying **** about money?

You'd be better advicing them on relationships rather than worrying about money for gods sake.
Do you really think so? OK then, I'd better get Charismatic to recommend one of those self-help relationship books!

Or perhaps I should just get everyone on here involved when the time comes that I'm faced with some challenges of a relationship nature - reckon we could guide my kids between us all!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your encouraging words.

CONGRATULATIONS - that's just fantastic - you really are BEME Man of the Year and I want your autographed photo. Will your Mum put an announcement in the local press back in your hometown?

When do we all get to celebrate?
Oh, I've gotta keep a low profile now I'm famous. Fans, y'know!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:13 pm
If I have to explain...

Do you really think so? OK then, I'd better get Charismatic to recommend one of those self-help relationship books!

Or perhaps I should just get everyone on here involved when the time comes that I'm faced with some challenges of a relationship nature - reckon we could guide my kids between us all!
How old are the kids. Now I'm famous I'm looking for groupies.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

How old are the kids. Now I'm famous I'm looking for groupies.
I won't mention the word 'groupie' to Mr Sinky, he's 21.

The girlies - be warned they have sharp tongues that could cut you to the quick! Tattoo Girl is 19; Audrey H is 17; the Little One is 14. They are usually very underwhelmed although the Rugby 7s mightily impressed them!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:00 pm
If I have to explain...

The girlies - be warned they have sharp tongues that could cut you to the quick! Tattoo Girl is 19; Audrey H is 17; the Little One is 14. They are usually very underwhelmed although the Rugby 7s mightily impressed them!
Oooh, you have no idea how good I am at underwhelming people. We'll get on fine! No (unrealistic) expectations has always worked for me.

I breathe(ish), anything else is unrealistic. But I am famous... Hero worship is required.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha ha sharped tongues is a nice way of putting it

RK they are absolute stunners, I can vouch for that
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:07 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by annacarna
ha ha ha sharped tongues is a nice way of putting it

RK they are absolute stunners, I can vouch for that
Aaah, my type of groupies. Now all we need to do is the get the yummie mummies to do a bit of convincing, and I have my adoring fan base.

Not that I need any help, of course.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Aaah, my type of groupies. Now all we need to do is the get the yummie mummies to do a bit of convincing, and I have my adoring fan base.

Not that I need any help, of course.
um and what will you give the yummie mummy in return, any good at DIY, gardening, you send u needed a job pet, there u go
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by annacarna
um and what will you give the yummie mummy in return, any good at DIY, gardening, you send u needed a job pet, there u go
Silly mummy: that's why I need groupies.

Think about it; what can you get your teens to do.

I am famous y'know!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

nicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nicenicoleta is just really nice

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
He should pay for everything of course, what a stupid question...The missus needs any extra money to spend on designer jewelry and stuff.

Us blokes don´t need money anyway..A £50 note for beer, footy on the telly and we´re happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.