British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What don't you get? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-dont-you-get-817388/)

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 31st 2013 5:52 am

Re: What don't you get?

Originally Posted by flares (Post 11056603)
Stone Island to the football cos I'm a bit tasty

...actually Stone Island do make some nice gear but it is a tarnished label. Sure the company has done OK over the past 25 years though.

Not that I particularly like it but the same happened to Burberry, Helly Hansen and even Musto. Damn pikeys.

flares Dec 31st 2013 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11056616)
Not that I particularly like it but the same happened to Burberry, Helly Hansen and even Musto. Damn pikeys.

Maybe in Southampton...

Used to drive me mad watching the Solent-biased sports reports on 'local' TV with Fred Dineage, Andy Steggle and Sally Taylor.

Broadcasting order of importance:- Sailing, Portsmouth/Southampton, Wind Surfing, Brighton & Hove Albion (if there's time).

God bless the internet.

scot47 Dec 31st 2013 6:08 am

Do others agree that the size of a woman's earrings is inversely proportional to her IQ ?

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 31st 2013 6:15 am

Originally Posted by flares (Post 11056620)
Maybe in Southampton...

Used to drive me mad watching the Solent-biased sports reports on 'local' TV with Fred Dineage, Andy Steggle and Sally Taylor.

Broadcasting order of importance:- Sailing, Portsmouth/Southampton, Wind Surfing, Brighton & Hove Albion (if there's time).

God bless the internet.

I remember wearing my sailing jacket to school in winter because it kept the wet out and kept me warm. Was a nice Musto one.

Move the clock forwards a few years, scumbags have taken them over, along with HH stuff. Admittedly, that was mainly in Portsmouth I noticed it but still, bastards.

FD is like an institution, the Meridian legend that you saw every night but didn't really think was that good, likeable or interesting.

The Dean Dec 31st 2013 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11056639)
I remember wearing my sailing jacket to school in winter because it kept the wet out and kept me warm. Was a nice Musto one.

Move the clock forwards a few years, scumbags have taken them over, along with HH stuff. Admittedly, that was mainly in Portsmouth I noticed it but still, bastards.

FD is like an institution, the Meridian legend that you saw every night but didn't really think was that good, likeable or interesting.

........ Ms Dinenage Jr has something about her............ Tory MP you know........

flares Dec 31st 2013 7:01 am

Fred Dineage is the Ron Burgundy of the South Coast...'You Stay Classy Gosport' :thumbup:

The Dean Dec 31st 2013 7:07 am

It's DINENAGE........ why does everyone get that wrong?

flares Dec 31st 2013 7:19 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11056692)
It's DINENAGE........ why does everyone get that wrong?

you say potatoe I say potato

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 31st 2013 7:37 am

Originally Posted by flares (Post 11056682)
Fred Dineage is the Ron Burgundy of the South Coast...'You Stay Classy Gosport' :thumbup:

I was in Grotport on Xmas eve. Hateful place

Macca67 Dec 31st 2013 9:19 pm

Fred was a Skate, and bitter as well. Carl Tyler, the weatherman was the man. Spoke a bit like Mick Channon and a big-time Saints fan. His broadcasts were the stuff of legend, "It'll be sunny tomorrow until noon when clouds will start bubbling up from the East bringing spits and spots of rain. Best tempreatures in the 70's, best winds 12 - 15 mph."