What british say...

Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:40 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What british say...

I generally use "with all due respect" to mean "you can **** right off with that idea"
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:47 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And "That's a very interesting point...", which actually means "That's a pile of bollocks" but is generally heard as "Oooh, he likes what I'm saying".

Also, when a superior says to you, "Here's an opportunity to shine", what s/he actually means is "Right, here's a task that nobody else wants and whether or not you're the right person to do it, I'm lumbering you with it", rather than the perceived "This is a great opportunity for you".
Also heard is the phrase "I have a challenging project for you", which I have heard coupled with "probably only needs to be straightened out, couple of months maximum"

Invariably leads to being dropped into the mother of all **** ups, taking a year out of my life and 10 years off my expected lifetime.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
What the British say:

"Venezuelans are idiots"

What the British mean:

"Venezuelans are idiots"
I almost agree... Thats why im going to Qatar

Guess Ill try alcohol next time Im making friends