What to bring

Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default Re: What to bring

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi All,

Hope you're all well?

Right I'm packing- move out in two and a half weeks and starting to get excited! Although really not excited about packing- I have so much crap- think I have won the world record for managing to cram the most stuff into the smallest flat in the world!!

Anyway most of my stuff is going into storage or being flogged down the market (ebay) or given to charity shops, but I'm trying to work out what to take out with me- I only have a 40 kilo flight allowance so need to pack carefully- farewell my wardrobe of shoes- so what would you recommend I bring out?

I've got my laptop and portfolio as well to come which I'm hoping I can get through hand luggage as they weigh a ton! But will also have my handbag (large enough to fit a small polish family in and a small case -will they let me on with that much hand luggage? My portfolio is worth a couple of grand so really dont want to have to put it in the hold, same for laptop.

Any, "I wish I'd bought that with me as its impossible to get out here" suggestions?

And does anyone know how strict Emirates are with their baggage allowance?- I've only travelled with teeny bags before so not sure if I can go loads over without being charged excess.

Thanks for your help

Cat
xxx

When I came out here I didnt have flip flops, sandals, tee shirts and boardies in fashionable check patterns. But u can buy all this stuff

Only thing I havent been able to find in past 3-months is Brolene eye drops... I got sand in my eyes once pretty bad, and tried 3 eyes drops to clear up a mild infection that I got and non of them worked. By chance a friend visited and brought some with her. Since then I have sent off for them mail order twice and they're always seized by customs... dunno why exactly!

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can buy these pls let me know

TM - LB
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
rampant rabbits are not available
Dragonmart
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Dragonmart

-
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can buy marmite here but it's very expensive for the small jars. Buy a few of the supersized jars from home and bring them here.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
You can buy marmite here but it's very expensive for the small jars. Buy a few of the supersized jars from home and bring them here.
You can buy the large jars here and the sqeezy ones. Why on earth would someone want to waste their baggage allowance buying something they can get here?

Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaning solutions for hard contact lenes are near impossible to get . Soft contact lenses no problem.

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 27th 2009 at 9:28 am.