British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/well-done-ireland-grand-slam-winners-2009-a-599089/)

BangleMan Mar 22nd 2009 4:12 am

Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009

I spoke with my ridiculously passionate and proud Irish Dad last night, who had just suffered three minor heart attacks in 80 odd mins of nerve jangling tension v Wales....he was still hyper ventilating an hour after the game finished :rofl:

It was sport at its very best, and Im sure there are a few Irish hang overs this morning around the world and rightly so after 61 years of waiting for a Grand Slam !

O'Driscoll & O'Connell were immense and hopefully they and many of the Irish team take that determination with them when the Lions go to S.A. in May

The Dean Mar 22nd 2009 4:59 am

Re: Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7405693)
I spoke with my ridiculously passionate and proud Irish Dad last night, who had just suffered three minor heart attacks in 80 odd mins of nerve jangling tension v Wales....he was still hyper ventilating an hour after the game finished :rofl:

It was sport at its very best, and Im sure there are a few Irish hang overs this morning around the world and rightly so after 61 years of waiting for a Grand Slam !

O'Driscoll & O'Connell were immense and hopefully they and many of the Irish team take that determination with them when the Lions go to S.A. in May

Wales 2005 all over again............

True, they were the best team in the 6N (but that wasn't saying much this year), but a 1-point win v England at home, and a 2-point win yesterday (that could in so many ways have been a defeat) do not augur well for Northern Hemisphere rugby. (Good win v France though).

South Africa 3 Lions 0..............

lionheart Mar 22nd 2009 5:33 am

But Wales needed to win by 13 points to snatch the Championship title, which is what really counts, so not sure why so much nail-biting. Good to see England finishing as runners-up.

BangleMan Mar 22nd 2009 5:48 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7405785)
But Wales needed to win by 13 points to snatch the Championship title, which is what really counts, so not sure why so much nail-biting. Good to see England finishing as runners-up.

Why the nail biting ?.........er, I think it was to do with a small matter called...... the Grand Slam

Madam Medusa Mar 22nd 2009 8:59 am

aagghhh...wales, so near and yet so far...

MM, xx

BangleMan Mar 22nd 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7406223)
aagghhh...wales, so near and yet so far...

MM, xx

the further away the better...

Madam Medusa Mar 22nd 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7406235)
the further away the better...

well we won the 7s world cup i guess, so we'll have to make do with that for this year...

MM, xx

BangleMan Mar 22nd 2009 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7406243)
well we won the 7s world cup i guess, so we'll have to make do with that for this year...

MM, xx

you guess ? No, you definately did