Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009

Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:12 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009

I spoke with my ridiculously passionate and proud Irish Dad last night, who had just suffered three minor heart attacks in 80 odd mins of nerve jangling tension v Wales....he was still hyper ventilating an hour after the game finished

It was sport at its very best, and Im sure there are a few Irish hang overs this morning around the world and rightly so after 61 years of waiting for a Grand Slam !

O'Driscoll & O'Connell were immense and hopefully they and many of the Irish team take that determination with them when the Lions go to S.A. in May
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well done Ireland....Grand Slam Winners 2009

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I spoke with my ridiculously passionate and proud Irish Dad last night, who had just suffered three minor heart attacks in 80 odd mins of nerve jangling tension v Wales....he was still hyper ventilating an hour after the game finished

It was sport at its very best, and Im sure there are a few Irish hang overs this morning around the world and rightly so after 61 years of waiting for a Grand Slam !

O'Driscoll & O'Connell were immense and hopefully they and many of the Irish team take that determination with them when the Lions go to S.A. in May
Wales 2005 all over again............

True, they were the best team in the 6N (but that wasn't saying much this year), but a 1-point win v England at home, and a 2-point win yesterday (that could in so many ways have been a defeat) do not augur well for Northern Hemisphere rugby. (Good win v France though).

South Africa 3 Lions 0..............
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:33 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

But Wales needed to win by 13 points to snatch the Championship title, which is what really counts, so not sure why so much nail-biting. Good to see England finishing as runners-up.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:48 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But Wales needed to win by 13 points to snatch the Championship title, which is what really counts, so not sure why so much nail-biting. Good to see England finishing as runners-up.
Why the nail biting ?.........er, I think it was to do with a small matter called...... the Grand Slam
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

aagghhh...wales, so near and yet so far...

MM, xx
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:02 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
aagghhh...wales, so near and yet so far...

MM, xx
the further away the better...
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
the further away the better...
well we won the 7s world cup i guess, so we'll have to make do with that for this year...

MM, xx
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:09 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well we won the 7s world cup i guess, so we'll have to make do with that for this year...

MM, xx
you guess ? No, you definately did