Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

We only have 3 days to live...

We only have 3 days to live...

Old May 23rd 2011, 10:06 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We only have 3 days to live...

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'm pretty sure it would be actionable. Anyone giving advice, free or not, with either explicit or implicit recommendation that it should be followed, is potentially liable if someone follows it, the advice is wrong or bad, and that person suffers. And I would imagine he qualifies for the first rule when considering suing someone: Can he pay?
Isn't he personally worth millions of dollars? Owns a load of radio stations I believe.

Got to be just a matter of time...
Old May 23rd 2011, 10:21 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Got to be just a matter of time...
That's what he's saying about the date of the Rapture as well....
Old May 23rd 2011, 10:33 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Rather odd since the Jews follow the (I hasten to add 'unaltered and untranslated') "Old Testament" yet when was the last time you heard of even an Orthodox Jew promoting stoning or eye for an eye type justice anywhere?

Also, most of the Churches in the world follow the writings of Paul more than anything else...Jesus never even advocated a separation from Judaism.

N.
I guess the media only show us the noisiest and most extreme people in the media, like the Westboro Baptists and Harold Camping. It demonstrates that we shouldn't judge everyone of a particular creed or faith by the actions of the lunatics at the fringes.
Old May 24th 2011, 12:13 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Looks like were not out of the woods yet.... the world is still going to end....

"Harold Camping says his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months, and the Rapture will actually take place on 21 October"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ing-apocalypse
Fantastic...one more Oktoberfest before the end!

N.
Old May 24th 2011, 12:25 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I guess the media only show us the noisiest and most extreme people in the media, like the Westboro Baptists and Harold Camping. It demonstrates that we shouldn't judge everyone of a particular creed or faith by the actions of the lunatics at the fringes.
Of course.

Usually when talking about faiths and creeds I refer to the doctrines themselves not the followers as people always make mistakes or misread things.

That's why I'm not very nice about some Abrahamic religions

N.
Old May 24th 2011, 12:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ekatchrome 64 used to make me weep tears of joy sometimes.
Old May 25th 2011, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

I find it interesting that the predicted amount of people who were meant to be raptured equates roughly to the amount of psychopaths on earth... 200million. Check it.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:00 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
I find it interesting that the predicted amount of people who were meant to be raptured equates roughly to the amount of psychopaths on earth... 200million. Check it.

Old May 28th 2011, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Paracletus
They know something we don't!

N.