Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Walkers launches Squirrel Flavoured Crisps- It's True!

Walkers launches Squirrel Flavoured Crisps- It's True!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:56 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Walkers launches Squirrel Flavoured Crisps- It's True!

Chilli and chocolate, crispy duck with hoisin sauce and Cajun squirrel are among a tastebud-testing new range of crisp flavours launched in Britain on Friday.

The flavours, chosen by the public and developed with the help of top chef Heston Blumethal, also include fish and chips, builder’s breakfast and onion bhaji. “The complexities of flavour fascinate me and to watch the British public get so excited about taste has been absolutely inspiring,” said Blumenthal, chef of the Michelin three-starred Fat Duck restaurant.

“We’ve had an incredible response and sifting through the entries has been quite incredible. I can’t wait to see which one the public choose as their winner!” he said. The six flavours were chosen from more than a million suggestions sent in to crisp makers Walkers after they launched their “Do Us A Flavour” campaign last year to find out the British public’s snack tastes.

They will be sold until May, after which there will be a vote to decide which flavour stays on sale permanently. The creator of the winner will get 50,000 pounds (77,000 dollars, 56,000 euros) plus one percent of future sales. Of the six finalists, only one was proposed by a man: Cajun squirrel is the brainchild of Martyn Wright, 26, who said he was inspired to enter when he saw squirrel on a restaurant menu. This is something I would expect out of China with their unique interest in eating weird stuff.

I wish would could get them here!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Re: Walkers launches Squirrel Flavoured Crisps- It's True!

May well have been Tudor but some time around the 1975 Hedgehog crisps were tried they were awful
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:00 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Potato flavoured crisps would be nice...or would that be too plain ?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:13 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
May well have been Tudor but some time around the 1975 Hedgehog crisps were tried they were awful
was a bit later that that lad, but aye I remember then,

when I was about 19 Tudor brought out sausage and baked bean flavour, the only time I've EVER bought a whole box of crisps.

I was to be fair dead skinny back then.