Villas

Old Nov 20th 2018, 6:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Villas

Congrats on the pregnancy, unless you've already said and I've already said congrats and forgotten - in which case - hope it is all going well.

Anyway.

I spend ages looking at villas, particularly smaller ones because I'm getting sick of the ***********s upstairs and general apartment living. That being said, my current job is under 100 paces away. Hard to justify moving to a more expensive apartment and buying an extra car etc.

Mira? Long way out but lovely community from what I saw and decent places for sensible cash. Long way out though.
Sports City? Bit far from DIFC but my boss has been in Victory Heights for years and it's a really nice place.
Anything in Barsha?
Is there anything round Festival City way?
Za'abeel? Not sure if there's anything there but would be bang on location?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Furjan ?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

There's some decent value in the Ranches now to be honest and on the plus side if you moved back you could borrow my Pilates trainer and we could swap organic kale based smoothie recipe's ?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 8:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
There's some decent value in the Ranches now to be honest and on the plus side if you moved back you could borrow my Pilates trainer and we could swap organic kale based smoothie recipe's ?
I hear the golf club is falling apart and someone from the inside sent an unhappy email to members. Rumour or any truth?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

When you look at Propertyfinder and the like, do you also look at the agent's pic and think "Nope, don't trust them", I do.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I hear the golf club is falling apart and someone from the inside sent an unhappy email to members. Rumour or any truth?
I heard a few rumours about what has gone on and some it is pretty serious stuff . The Golf Club has gone downhill since the refurb a few years ago , it just never got the customers back after the closure . I don't use it that often . Maison Mathis next door is a better bar by far and better quality.

Emaar have really messed up with that club , not sure what the membership percentages are but the F&B can be deserted during the week and service is piss poor at best . Still , you can get a pint of Nelson Mandela for 30 rips during the week so I suffer it now and again .
Old Nov 20th 2018, 9:02 am
Account Closed

I heard a few rumours about what has gone on and some it is pretty serious stuff . The Golf Club has gone downhill since the refurb a few years ago , it just never got the customers back after the closure . I don't use it that often . Maison Mathis next door is a better bar by far and better quality.

Emaar have really messed up with that club , not sure what the membership percentages are but the F&B can be deserted during the week and service is piss poor at best . Still , you can get a pint of Nelson Mandela for 30 rips during the week so I suffer it now and again .
Apparently membership is very low but only rumour, not certain if true.

It's an atrocious place more often filled with Mrs Jones and her hateful and poorly behaved scumbag kids. That's not the club's fault mind, but the terrible service and average food is totally their fault. It's also far too expensive for what it is as a course.

Still, I don't mind playing there occasionally and you're spot on about MM next door.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Organic kale is so 2018. We're on non-dairy kefir after our qigong lessons where I'm looking mate - coming to the ranches soon.

Actually - I think I'm closing in on the wasteland that is Meydan. It's obviously a complete wilderness with not even a shop or petrol station in sight but 9 mins to the DIFC and Dubai Mall on an empty road is just too tempting. Mrs Millhouse 2 also believes that she will feel less isolated there than dumped in the ranches with all the white women in their Prados moaning about the granularity of their cold pressed avocado oil face masks.

I'll have to get a bike again so I can ride around the track given that there is nothing else to do. Actually quite excited about moving - Oddly, my journey time from the DIFC to home at night might actually be reduced due to the empty roads.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse,

With a wife expecting a baby soon, why not stay in an apartment somewhere where she can push the baby in a pram to the local shops? I'd think a new mum with a baby would get really bored in a new build community with no amenities. Places like the Greens and Marina are loaded with young families with babies for this reason.

I'm aware there's a dog but he/she/it/gender-fluid can cope for another year or so?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Millhouse,

With a wife expecting a baby soon, why not stay in an apartment somewhere where she can push the baby in a pram to the local shops? I'd think a new mum with a baby would get really bored in a new build community with no amenities. Places like the Greens and Marina are loaded with young families with babies for this reason.

I'm aware there's a dog but he/she/it/gender-fluid can cope for another year or so?
Music to my ears - would you like me to pass her number to you so that you can tell her?

Greens is actually really decent and we did look - Marina I'd probably do a family homicide-suicide.

Being stuck in a apartment with a baby, maid and no direct access to the outside (been there, done that 12 years ago) is a fair recreation of hell on earth. Ollie (a boy but he doesn't remember his testicles so maybe fluid) would only make matters worse with wanting to go downstairs for a poop at 7.30am every day.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Organic kale is so 2018. We're on non-dairy kefir after our qigong lessons where I'm looking mate - coming to the ranches soon.

Actually - I think I'm closing in on the wasteland that is Meydan. It's obviously a complete wilderness with not even a shop or petrol station in sight but 9 mins to the DIFC and Dubai Mall on an empty road is just too tempting. Mrs Millhouse 2 also believes that she will feel less isolated there than dumped in the ranches with all the white women in their Prados moaning about the granularity of their cold pressed avocado oil face masks.

I'll have to get a bike again so I can ride around the track given that there is nothing else to do. Actually quite excited about moving - Oddly, my journey time from the DIFC to home at night might actually be reduced due to the empty roads.
Ranches 2 is good value , 20% less for new builds , can get a decent 4 bedroom for 140 K .
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ranches 2 is good value , 20% less for new builds , can get a decent 4 bedroom for 140 K .
you just want some of my non-dairy kefir
Old Nov 21st 2018, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Music to my ears - would you like me to pass her number to you so that you can tell her?

Greens is actually really decent and we did look - Marina I'd probably do a family homicide-suicide.

Being stuck in a apartment with a baby, maid and no direct access to the outside (been there, done that 12 years ago) is a fair recreation of hell on earth. Ollie (a boy but he doesn't remember his testicles so maybe fluid) would only make matters worse with wanting to go downstairs for a poop at 7.30am every day.
I have been in the Greens for 6 years and wouldnt live anywhere else.... The Greens buildings are getting old now but the Views are still nice and it is a nice community which is kept clean and is quiet at night.. I would live further down street 7 though and not near the shops/road facing as the noise/dust is bad there
The new Dutco building facing the golf course is brand new and all the residents know each other so they dont have any usual neighbour issues
Old Nov 21st 2018, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by reddiva
I have been in the Greens for 6 years and wouldnt live anywhere else.... The Greens buildings are getting old now but the Views are still nice and it is a nice community which is kept clean and is quiet at night.. I would live further down street 7 though and not near the shops/road facing as the noise/dust is bad there
The new Dutco building facing the golf course is brand new and all the residents know each other so they dont have any usual neighbour issues
How long is the commute to the DIFC(o)?
Old Nov 21st 2018, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks - will look into that area.
Have a word with DREC (drec.ae) they manage properties around Al Safa / Um Suqeim that used to be primarily for Emirates pilots. The villas are relatively recent and maintenance is good. ARENCO are worth a try also - they have been doing a fair amount of renovation so they should have some better places available in addition to the usual clapped out stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.