Vegetarian

Old Apr 24th 2018, 5:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Vegetarian

Is anyone on here vegetarian?

Would you want to eat this? Veggie burger that 'bleeds' (BBC)
Old Apr 24th 2018, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vegetarian

I'm not a vegetarian but I eat meat sparingly.

Would I eat it? Sure. I'd give it a try.

I don't seek substitutes for meat because it sort of defeats the purpose, but there is a place for meat replicas. Environmentally it'd be great. I can see a time coming when most meat intake is replaced by fake meat and real meat is reserved for special occasions.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 6:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Funny one isn't it. Manufactured meat doesn't appeal hugely to me, but would try it.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Funny one isn't it. Manufactured meat doesn't appeal hugely to me, but would try it.
So much of the meat people eat are burger patties and chicken tenders or strips of meat in stir fries. When you get down to it, a lot of it is already heavily processed so making that jump to eating fake meat substitute that can provide similar flavour and texture isn't that large of a jump. Just look at most bangers, after all. They're practically already vegetarian
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

If God had intended us to be vegetarians, he would not of made cows out of beef.
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I put it in pretty much the same camp as non-alcoholic beer. What, honestly, is the 'king point of non-alcoholic beer?* It doesn't taste like beer, and I'm guessing the vegetarian "meat" doesn't taste like meat, either. Nevertheless, I'm in favour of vegetarian protein sources to replace meat, but to replicate it is just daft.

*And those non-alcoholic beer TV adverts in countries where the locals aren't supposed to drink -- Jesus (or insert deity of your choice) wept.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I put it in pretty much the same camp as non-alcoholic beer. What, honestly, is the 'king point of non-alcoholic beer?* It doesn't taste like beer, and I'm guessing the vegetarian "meat" doesn't taste like meat, either. Nevertheless, I'm in favour of vegetarian protein sources to replace meat, but to replicate it is just daft.

*And those non-alcoholic beer TV adverts in countries where the locals aren't supposed to drink -- Jesus (or insert deity of your choice) wept.
I largely agree with you but I do know vegetarians who occasionally break down when they get a massive craving for a juicy burger or steak. A lot of people do crave the taste and texture of meat. There's been big strides in the quality of meat substitutes and if that makes it much easier for people to switch to a largely vegetarian diet (much better for the environment and more sustainable) then I'm all for it.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Preach.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 7:17 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Becks non alcoholic beer tastes like beer in my opinion. Is there a point? Not really but it does taste the same.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

If you could drink your favourite beer completely alcohol-free, would you still drink it?

Or do we only drink beer for the alcohol?
Old Apr 24th 2018, 8:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
If you could drink your favourite beer completely alcohol-free, would you still drink it?

Sometimes I drink to remember, sometimes I drink to forget.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 9:04 am
Account Closed

Genuinely never thought about it.

In simple terms, beer is too sacred to dick around with.
In more complex, thoughtful terms I guess going and having a beer with mates and drinking non-alcoholic would be pleasant enough. But there is part of it is getting a bit boozy and having a laugh and getting that 'buzz'.

I'd rather they invented a new type of alcohol that doesn't give you a hangover.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Genuinely never thought about it.

In simple terms, beer is too sacred to dick around with.
In more complex, thoughtful terms I guess going and having a beer with mates and drinking non-alcoholic would be pleasant enough. But there is part of it is getting a bit boozy and having a laugh and getting that 'buzz'.

I'd rather they invented a new type of alcohol that doesn't give you a hangover.
The alcohol is the essence of the beer. Without it there is no point to beer. We only think it's good because of the alcohol. And that's the sad reality.

Same with wine. It's just sour fermented grape juice. The alcohol is what makes it worth drinking.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 10:25 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I drink to remember, sometimes I drink to forget.
So I called up the Captain, please bring me my wine
Old Apr 24th 2018, 10:26 am
Knee deep and rising

Yes but the taste of the beer is what makes us drink one type rather than another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.