VAIO Sony

Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAIO Sony

Originally Posted by Euc-
Well.. 1000Dhs cheaper compared to the UK one.. Cheapest Macbook Pro would come to 4000Dhs..
I got a brand new laptop upstairs, I don't know why I posted really, I just liked it cos it's pink
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well.. 1000Dhs cheaper compared to the UK one.. Cheapest Macbook Pro would come to 4000Dhs..
The UK gets ripped off massively on the cost of a Mac at the best of times.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I got a brand new laptop upstairs, I don't know why I posted really, I just liked it cos it's pink
No it's because you really do want a mac and want us all to convince you.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
No it's because you really do want a mac and want us all to convince you.
what's so special about a Mac?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Well my husband could go on forever because he's one of the cult - but from a layman's point of view, they're just very easy to use - the photo and movie applications are very easy to use, yet with professional results. Our ipods, computers (we have four macs in one room here for the five of us - but the person left out just gets on Apple TV and watches youtube on that), Iphone, Apple TV etc all sync with each other and wirelessly backup to the Apple time capsule every 20 minutes or something. They don't get viruses.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Well my husband could go on forever because he's one of the cult - but from a layman's point of view, they're just very easy to use - the photo and movie applications are very easy to use, yet with professional results. Our ipods, computers (we have four macs in one room here for the five of us - but the person left out just gets on Apple TV and watches youtube on that), Iphone, Apple TV etc all sync with each other and wirelessly backup to the Apple time capsule every 20 minutes or something. They don't get viruses.
the virus thing is about all that interests me, I only use the computer to post on a couple of forums, email, and read the Daily Mail, that's about it.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the virus thing is about all that interests me, I only use the computer to post on a couple of forums, email, and read the Daily Mail, that's about it.
But if you had a mac, you'd be much more interested. You'd be making your own dubai soap opera starring all on EW before you know it. Could make a fortune.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:38 pm
Concierge

But if you had a mac, you'd be much more interested. You'd be making your own dubai soap opera starring all on EW before you know it. Could make a fortune.
yes it would go like this .... it was a hot humid evening when the body of MP was found ....
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes it would go like this .... it was a hot humid evening when the body of MP was found ....
let's hope it's a serial offender and the fun doesn't stop at just one.......
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:45 pm
Concierge

let's hope it's a serial offender and the fun doesn't stop at just one.......
*prepares list*
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:50 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup, it's sorted, it's a proper little keyboard too, much more sturdy and feels proper if you know what I mean, also they sorted out the shift key, well the left is a full sized shift key, the right one is still a little stumpy, so it's much easier to type on. Also the touchpad is much better, the buttons are at the bottom like they should be, but the gestures are fab so you hardly ever use the buttons anyway.

There is a newer version, the 1005, that's a few bucks more I think, but essentially the same, I think they sorted the right shift key and there's a couple tweeks but nothing major.

Go for the 1000HE, great deals, especially on the refurb front. The 9 hour battery life, well I've gotten mine to go 8.75hrs, but that's not normal, I had the wifi/bluetooth/camera/lan disabled and the screen off while playing music out of it all day.

Usually with everything but bluetooth on get between 5-7.5hrs out of it, if just browsing web, reading/typing, then the higher end, if watching movies, towards the lower end.

Oh and as a metric for those who might be interested, it runs Z-Brush like a charm, well up to sub-D level 4 on the human mesh, gets sluggish at level 5 and crawls at 6, Photoshop runs like a charm.
excellent stuff. i love my wee eeepc900 but the keyboard gets up to 40 odd degrees even with the fan overclocked so its impossible to use for sofa surfing beyond an hour. at the moment its a toss up between an upgrade to a 1000he or a samsumg n110.
can ur 1000he run 720p smoothly? quite often hook up mine to the tele but it dies if it even tries any hd content
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
excellent stuff. i love my wee eeepc900 but the keyboard gets up to 40 odd degrees even with the fan overclocked so its impossible to use for sofa surfing beyond an hour. at the moment its a toss up between an upgrade to a 1000he or a samsumg n110.
can ur 1000he run 720p smoothly? quite often hook up mine to the tele but it dies if it even tries any hd content
I've not tried to much HD stuff tbh as my tele is still rubbish, but when hooked up to the in-laws, it was superb, I think playing HD stuff was really the only benefit to having the newer atom CPU.

The Samsung, there's a N210? Can't remember, but it's the newer one with slightly better specs to the original, which is really nice, just down my way it's a lot more expensive, proper laptop money which is why I wasn't interested.

Also, and this might not be a consideration or issue down your way, but upgrading the memory on the Asus is a doddle and doesn't void the warranty, which it would do on the Acer/Samsung netbooks down my way.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:10 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I've not tried to much HD stuff tbh as my tele is still rubbish, but when hooked up to the in-laws, it was superb, I think playing HD stuff was really the only benefit to having the newer atom CPU.

The Samsung, there's a N210? Can't remember, but it's the newer one with slightly better specs to the original, which is really nice, just down my way it's a lot more expensive, proper laptop money which is why I wasn't interested.

Also, and this might not be a consideration or issue down your way, but upgrading the memory on the Asus is a doddle and doesn't void the warranty, which it would do on the Acer/Samsung netbooks down my way.
my 900 runs at 900mhz so an atom will be an imense upgrade lol
as for warranty, generaly here thats such a pain in the ass that i dont bother so am more than happy to rip the back off, eg once i do upgrade i'll be adding a touchscreen to the 900 just for giggles.
price wise the he and n110 (upgraded nc10) arent exaclty netbook money but are still less than laptop cash so theyre still an option, besides you gotta love the size and weight factors
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by shiva
price wise the he and n110 (upgraded nc10) arent exaclty netbook money but are still less than laptop cash so theyre still an option, besides you gotta love the size and weight factors
Hmmm...I picked mine up with the memory upgrade for $300US after amazon messed up the order and knocked some off, about $350 new now though.

The 1000 is a tad heavier and bulky butt in comparison to the 900, mostly because of the 6cell battery, but doesn't really get in the way and much nicer than a proper laptop, I certainly love it...and the screen opens out flat pretty much and has great viewing angles, better than the Acer...can't comment on the N110 as I've only seen that in the shop, but I've got mates with the Acer.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 4:14 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

lol, some things are just way overpriced in the UAE..

You know, I have had multiple VAIO's (typing on them now), but every single one of them had issues with the battery. Don't expect it to last longer than 2 hours at most!
I've got a tx series, couple of years old now (typing on it now).

The battery gives me a good 5-6 hrs, even after couple of years (and I use it for my business so it gets a fair amount of use).

My only criticism would be that there was no lid latch, and it is a little flimsy in construction. But i think the newer ones look to have addressed at least the last point from what I recall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.