Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Urgent! Medical Care in Saudi? Pregnant!

Urgent! Medical Care in Saudi? Pregnant!

Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:57 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Urgent! Medical Care in Saudi? Pregnant!

Originally Posted by 2BritsInSaudi
thank you, so we should just say family emergency and that should be enough? i thought the consulate could maybe direct us to some western doctors who may do it for westerners? i couldn't imagine a british/white expat diplomat being refused request for abortion through private medicine? or am i wrong? it just seemed to me before I came that if you're a brit here in saudi, you can get your way somehow? or was i just beyond naive
Tell your HR your wife has family emergency and must leave and come back later. Do not tell them it's a medical emergency because that does not hold water (there are hospitals here).

The consulate will not advise you how to break laws of the host country.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
You can make your wine but you can't walk into a clinic and claim abortion on the grounds of diplomatic immunity.
One thing to add. Trip trap trip trap!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thank you, so we should just say family emergency and that should be enough? i thought the consulate could maybe direct us to some western doctors who may do it for westerners? i couldn't imagine a british/white expat diplomat being refused request for abortion through private medicine? or am i wrong? it just seemed to me before I came that if you're a brit here in saudi, you can get your way somehow? or was i just beyond naive
A British diplomat would go back to the UK. You have two choices...leave and go to the UK or have the baby. I suppose you also have a third choice...if you try breaking/bending the Saudi rules and finish up in Saudi jail...or worse.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:11 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikewot
One thing to add. Trip trap trip trap!
Don't troll. You're the moderator, remember?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

2BritsInSaudi is an unknown quantity at this point

does anybody know how much a re-entry visa costs?

thank you either way to everyone who has replied.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

does anybody know how much a re-entry visa costs?

thank you either way to everyone who has replied.
In the overall scope of things, does that really matter?

How much does jail time work out for you and your wife in purely cash terms?

As said before, get a flight, just go and do it.

Personal liberty/freedom cannot be measured in £/$/€/SAR
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 1:29 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

starting to lose sympathy....
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:31 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I think he/she's a troll
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

... it just seemed to me before I came that if you're a brit here in saudi, you can get your way somehow? or was i just beyond naive
What on earth gave you that idea? Sorry but you are not only being naive but rather arrogant and foolish. Being British counts for very little if you are caught breaking their laws. I suggest you do more research on Shariah Law in KSA before you end up in jail or worse.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

i couldn't imagine a british/white expat diplomat being refused request for abortion through private medicine?
are you a diplomat? I do hope not.

or am i wrong? it just seemed to me before I came that if you're a brit here in saudi, you can get your way somehow? or was i just beyond naive
You are very very naive.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
In the overall scope of things, does that really matter?
exactly! oh, and the fact that you can't really just 'buy one'.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:29 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I think he/she's a troll
troll or a fool?

Op stop messing around, get your wife on a plane today or have the baby.
even considering bring in medication or approaching a doctor on the quiet will very likely result in a jail term.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:29 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
are you a diplomat? I do hope not.
given the current state of the FCO i wouldn't be at all surprised
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kix
I think he/she's a troll
you always call troll.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
starting to lose sympathy....
Don't remember you having any?

How do people get jobs who seem to lack the ability to fight their way out of a paper bag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.