Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK put on credit warning

UK put on credit warning

Old Feb 16th 2012, 4:58 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK put on credit warning

Originally Posted by The Dean
Weak currencies are cheap to buy. When the GBP/AED is, say, 5.75, it's a better time to send money to the UK than when the rate is, say, 6.50. The rate is calculated by multiplying the GBP/USD by the (pegged) USD/AED.
Just looked back at it and now I have had another coffee and got my brain in gear I see it.

Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

james1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that Greece and Portugal will default and leave the Eurozone, Spain and Italy will be ok.
The euro will be stronger without these countries, and Greece/Portugal will do better out of the Euro.

Eurozone was a flawed idea from the start, due to countries being at different positions in their financial cycles. This has now come home to roost, the polititians were aware of this, but choose to ignore it.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Just looked back at it and now I have had another coffee and got my brain in gear I see it.

Thanks
This song explains all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjMMS...ayer_embedded#!